/dist/images/branding/favicon

2 Hott radios - bad range

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Michael Braun, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

What is the best way to do to achieve best range with mx-20 hott, mx-16 hott and 2 GR-16 onboard?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

What would this mean: bind both receivers on one transmitter

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That's correct.
    Here's what the documentation for the GR-16 says:

2.1.1.Binding“ multiple receivers in one model​
    If required, it is also possible to bind multiple receivers to the transmitter for a particular model. The first​
    step is to bind each receiver individually using the procedure already described.​
    When the system is in use, the receiver which was bound last is the Master receiver. Any telemetry sensors​
    installed in the model must be connected to this unit, as only the Master receiver transmits sensor​
    data using the downlink channel. The second and all further receivers operate in parallel with the Master​
    receiver but in Slave mode, with the downlink channel switched off.'​
    NOTE: I made a mistake. It's the last receiver to be bound that is the Master and therefore will transmit the telemetry.
    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I had the same setup: MX20 Hott with GR24 reciever, and MX16 Hott wiht GR16.

Signal is lost at 50 meters. Camera operator is now using Spektrum DX7, which is more than enough now.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Ozkan: Interesting. So you're saying that the Graupner documentation is incorrect? You will have problems with two receivers bound to the same radio?

Andy.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

So I read through the string a couple of times and have a basic question that I'm not sure has been asked. Most of the literature discusses binding two receivers to one transmitter.

The other postings, including the one from Holger, discuss two receiver/transmitter setup like Nejc. And the result in those postings seems to be bad telemetry data but may not be a control issue problem.

So here's a possible path forward (at least it makes logical sense).

So if you bind each transmitter with a receiver both would be masters? Perhaps the MX-16, if that is the camera unit could be tricked. Label the GR-16's A and B. A will be working with MX-20 and B will be working on the MX-16.

Start with the MX-16 and Bind Recv B and then Recv A. The MX-16 thinks that Recv A is sending Telemetry.

Now take Recv A and Bind it to the MX-20. This is the one that you would run the Telemetry wire into from the MK stack if you are flying the MK Stack.

Now my warning. I have no idea if this would work and whether the MX-16 will not 'see' the telemetry from Recv A.

To bad that there isn't a way to turn of the telemetry mode in the Graupner receivers.

8. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

It can be a solution, nice thinking. I will try if I find some time for this.

Two transmitter / two recievers setup doesn't affect only telemetry data but also the RC signal. With my test, telemetry signal goes down first, and then the RC signal.

9. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi,

Here may be some useful info...

Cheers
    Bo