Share This Page

Andy Johnson-Laird

Administrator, from Portland, Oregon, USA

Staff Member
Andy Johnson-Laird was last seen:
Mar 27, 2022
    1. Tino Poblete
      Tino Poblete
      How do I contact for possible warranty service? My Movi Cinema robot is not working properly. I can no longer balance my iPhone with the lens weights. It is acting like the weights are to heavy.
    2. Austin Kwok
      Austin Kwok
      Hey I was wondering if you could help me with my Movi Pro Set up, when I go to turn on the Movi Pro (with nothing on it) the gimbal will vibrate and shake uncontrollably. How am I supposed to balance it so that I can safely attach my camera to it?
    3. Andrew Nimelman
      Andrew Nimelman
      Andy - You’re based in PDX; me too. Just got the Movi CR. Would you or someone you know would be open to providing, say, 2 hours informal demo/lesson in the device? Of course, I’ll pay for this person’s time. I’m fairly tech savvy, but a videography newbie. My family are heading off to a big trip to Europe in 3 weeks, and I’d like to accelerate the learning curve. Let me know if there’s any interest in this.
    4. Ashok Venkataraman
      Ashok Venkataraman
      not able to control red epic camera Settings(recording,exposure,shutter,iso etc) after connecting Red RCP cable, enable redlink command protocol in communication.
    5. Robert Shaw
      Robert Shaw
      Andy could you help with with this issue. I have the USB programmer attached to the radians and I am able to communicate to the PC. However everytine I try to write a new setting to the radians, the system flips out and I lose everything and the pan starts to spin. But if I click the Pan-1buttom then hit write it goes back to normal. Am I missing something?
    6. Burke Baker
      Burke Baker
      Hi Andy. Reaching out to you because I don't know where to start. Have put in two trouble tickets with your support dept. but have not received a response. Looking for help connecting the Movi Controller to the Wedge (and a RedRock Torque motor).
    7. Siddharth Sharma SS
      Siddharth Sharma SS
      Hi Andy, We are on a shoot in Jaisalmer, India with the Alta 8 + M15. The M15 is not holding pan or horizon as we accelerate the Alta.
      1. Siddharth Sharma SS
        Siddharth Sharma SS
        We are trying to finishing up an action sequence in Jaisalmer, India. Need to do a quick work around.
        Mar 25, 2017
      2. Siddharth Sharma SS
        Siddharth Sharma SS
        We are having an issue with getting GPS lock as the Movi is not seeing more than 5-6 sometimes 7 satellites.
        Mar 25, 2017
      3. Siddharth Sharma SS
        Siddharth Sharma SS
        Could the weak GPS signal result in less hold on the Pan Axis and drift in the horizon??
        Mar 25, 2017
    8. Alison Rose
      Alison Rose
      Hi Andy. I joined hoping for the community's help in finding an accomplished Freefly system owner-operator-dp in Chile or nearby. Is it ok to post such a query on the Forum? Thanks.
    9. Brian Legrady
      Brian Legrady
      Hi Andy: Support sent me your way. All I'm trying to do is post a question in the forum. It's been awile since I've done it, but support tells me it is diferent from the past and left it at that. I dont see an option on the site to post anything other than a profile post. Do you know what the issue could be? Or guide me through the process?
    10. kjetil tønnesen
      kjetil tønnesen
      i have done a big mistake when i should update to akira firmware, with a mistake a took the movicontroller firmware into move m5 ,and when i turn it on is is just dead, how to reset the movi m5,so i can load the right firmware into it???
    11. John Bruce Anderson
      John Bruce Anderson
      Such a pleasure to meet you Andy. Thank you for rescuing me from Inspirepilots.com .. as "The Editor" doesn't even own an Inspire 1 it should be called wanabe-Inspirepilots.com
    12. justin portwood
      justin portwood
      hi andy i am new to this but i cannot bet my motors to run with my dx8 i see it working in the mktool but when i unplug i get nothing i have everything unchecked and no errors. i calabrated the compass etc. i watched all your videos but just cannot get the motors to turn i tried the down left and down right etc what am i missing
    13. Robert Gerding
      Robert Gerding
      I would like to post the following...seeking experienced pilot for feature work. Equipment would be The Cinestar 8 hl.i live in Cincinnati Ohio and filming with a Red. Anyone that can freelance
    14. Edgard Neves
      Edgard Neves
      Hi Andy.

I have downloaded the Freely Movi App to my iPhone and iPad and I cannot pair it.

When I open the app a message pops up:

"Device not found, please select device in Hifi settings."

I have searched my Movi in the Wifi setting and the Bluetooth settings and it doest show up. I can make it work easily on my Mac computer but nothing on my iPhone and iPad.

Would you be able to assist me?

Thanks

Ed
      1. Thomas Appell
        Thomas Appell
        I experienced the same thing on my iPhone 6+ and have had no luck getting it to work. I can't seem to get it working on my laptop either. It's showing up in bluetooth as FFS-AAFE on my laptop but not connecting. Can someone please help! Thanks...
        Jul 3, 2015
    15. Wing Sheung Chow
      Wing Sheung Chow
      Dear Andy,
      Recently, we got an inquiry from a customer who is one of the first group of M5 customers. His problem is about M5 update failure. We have gone through some discussions here and found "Jumper cable" might be able to help. Could you please help to send us some ? Appreciate your help and advice. Many many thanks! Shirley
    16. Paul Berner
      Paul Berner
      My tilt motor is running up at +55 and -55. all my other motor info on the GUI is accurate. I've been reading posys about a loose connector on the tilt motor. Can you post or send me an email eith exact instructions to check and see and possible re-connect the cable?
      Thanks, please let me know, I am on a shoot this weekend. email is paul@paulbernerpictures.com
      Thanks Andy
    17. Paul Berner
      Paul Berner
      Andy, Are you available for a question about tilt on my m5 and sony a7s?
    18. Marcelo Vaccari
      Marcelo Vaccari
    19. Mark Jaeger
      Mark Jaeger
      Andy, Are Ads removed after some period of time. I searched for my CS8 and Panasonic GH3 ads to update them and I can't find them in the forum (for sale). The GH3 sold but I wanted to spiff up the CS8 ad. Thanks, Mark Jaeger
    20. Eric Kubicka
      Eric Kubicka
      HI Andy, am PDX based as well (NW) if you are are free to meet up sometime it would be good to sit and compare notes on the industry.
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.jli.com
    Forensic Drone Analyst, Photo/VIdeographer

Signature

Please do not email me or start a Conversation with me for questions -- post on the forum itself so that everyone can see your question and everyone has the opportunity to respond. Thanks!