/dist/images/branding/favicon

WI232 Module & Smart OSD Connection

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Anthony Magliocco, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Anthony Magliocco

Anthony Magliocco New Member

Hello,

I recently a purchased the WI232 module. I have tried hooking it up to the Smart OSD but I am unable to get a connection to MKtools. I am able to get a connection when the OSD is not connected. Does anyone have any suggestions to make it operate with the Smart OSD?

Regards,

Anthony

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Anthony
    My Windows machine is being backed up right now, but the theory is that you change the Smart OSD (using its software) so that the Serial Port operating mode is Xbee Port, Buffered. This is described in section 2.6 of the Smart OSD manager documentation (which I presume you have). You then need to write the change out to the Smart OSD board by clicking on Apply.

I say, "the theory" because I only tried it once and had a problem with it -- I would do the change, write to the board, and then do a Get to read the configuration back from the SOSD board -- and it always reverted back to the USB/Buffered setting.

Gary mentioned to me via email that the mistake was doing the Get -- but I didn't have time to go back and try it.

Please post again if you either you get it to work or not.

Thanks
    Andy.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Anthony if you make the change in the software as any mentions then you should be able to use the WI232 module for MKTools. I never had any luck making changes to the SmartOSD setup via Xbee.

That said I know there was a long list of postings on the MK Forum about using the WI232. I think it was solved but you should either send an email to Smart or read through the forum postings to make sure you have it setup correctly.

4. Anthony Magliocco

Anthony Magliocco New Member

Thank you for the help guys! Got it working

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Please share what you did to get it working so others benefit. Thanks