/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sun Seeker App

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Philip Ellerbroek, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Philip Ellerbroek

Maps out the position of the sun to determine the time of day and then Google Maps for an aerial view of the property. Saves time during pre-site selection.

Sun Seeker - $9
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id330247123

Provides a FLAT VIEW COMPASS and an AUGMENTED REALITY CAMERA 3-D VIEW showing the solar path, its hour intervals, its winter and summer solstice paths, rise and set times and more and a MAP VIEW showing solar direction for each daylight hour.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Even better. Try "The Photographers Ephemeris" This is THE app used by most of the pro photographers I know. You can enter elevations so that you know where shadows will fall, or in my case how the mountains will affect a shot, or where the sun/moon will be on a peak. Runs on iPad and iPhone, Mac, Android and yes even Windoz...

Philip Ellerbroek likes this.
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Or LightTrac. $4.99. TPE is also very good (see Gary's post above).
    Andy.

4. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

I'm a D.P and used it all the time. Great tool. Often we scout locations that we'll shoot 2 or 3 months out. What I love is the ability to dial in a date and see where the sun will be in the future.