Question for Freefly re the MCR & the new iPhone 11

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Rorick Edge, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:21 PM.

1. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

I wonder whether Freefly, given that Apple sells the MCR and used one to make one of the iPhone 11 launch videos, is able to tell us what what the situation is with balancing the iPhone 11, the 11 Pro and the 11 Pro Max. In particular, which of these phones will require use of counterweights, especially with the 13mm (equivalent) lens?

Forum participant Rick Bronks was able to get some helpful info from Freefly. See posts 4-6 in the following thread: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/in...iphone-11-and-11-pro-ultra-wide-camera.13278/

More details would be very welcome, especially by those of us who would like to purchase one of these phones in the near future.

Thanks

#1 Rorick Edge, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:21 PM
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:51 PM
  2. Rorick Edge

I was ready to order today, but I really want to get this clarified before going ahead. If anyone has further hard info (or even reasonably informed speculation) on this question, it would be greatly appreciated.

3. Rorick Edge

Tonight, Apple uploaded the short film made for the launch event with the iPhone 11 Pro. During the event. It was described as having been made on a Los Angeles “back lot”. I think that the translation is that this was made at a studio with completely controlled lighting.

#3 Rorick Edge, Sep 13, 2019 at 7:30 PM
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 7:57 PM