/dist/images/branding/favicon

QC 8000 mAH Lipo's available now

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Pavlos Antoniou

nope i want 4s.. :(

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm. Sorry to see their reaction. I just bought a couple of 10900 150C and got about 12 minutes flight time with a C8/3-Axis/Sony C760 as payload. [Edit: That was indoors, hovering six feet above ground, full charge of 16.8v down to 14.4v and landing after that, ambient 72F] Note: that was one flight with one battery -- so limited sample!! Not statistically significant! Your amperage may vary! :)

Also, before I got the 10900's, they seemed very willing to allow me to returned the two 11000's which I bought -- one of which I'd charged and flown with. As Digitech said, the 11000's suffer from voltage sag at high current draw. Not suitable for the C8 at all.

I was dealing with Clint at Maxamps (clint@maxamps.com), and he really seemed very responsive and friendly, understood the issue and suggested the 10900 150C Lipo's as a better choice. So, I'm disappointed to see the reaction Digitech got from them.

I think the real lesson I learned was to call the vendor, explain the likely current draw range, and ask them was the actual, real-world C discharge rating is.

Also I think I've learned not to take what the vendor says for granted. The "True 40C" for the 11000's is evidently not true.
    For the 10900's, they're marked as "True 120C" and balance charge up to 54A. We'll see....

Andy.

3. John Gore

John Gore Member

So what are the results in the end? Quadrocopter 6200 and 6600mah batteries still the best in the end (ignoring price). What sort of amps can one hover on, with just 1 battery on board?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi John:
    Sorry, I've been sidetracked by working on a video production and the weather's been so crappy here, I've not had a chance to fly.
    It's still on my list of things to do... :)

Andy.

5. John Gore

John Gore Member

Hi guys. Any update on this, please?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member