/dist/images/branding/favicon

problem when tilting with the DX7s...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Ben Huddleston, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Ben Huddleston

This just started: when tilting the M10 with the Spektrum, it’s not completely smooth. It’s hard to explain, but it kinda has some small steps instead of tilting smoothly. Is there a setting to adjust somewhere to smooth it out?
    Thanks
    Ben

2. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Never noticed unsmooth tilt movement....

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ben: I don't recall anyone reporting similar systems. Presuming you've checked that there is no mechanical play on anything that moves in the tilt axis, I suspect you'll need to open up a ticket with support@freeflysystems.com

As an afterthought, when you connect up with the Configurator application, and look at the Chart options, especially with the motors, do you see anything that corresponds with the "hesitation" in the tilt axis.

Andy.

4. Javier Fernandez

Javier Fernandez New Member

Hi guys, I actually have the problem Ben mentions. I have been using other gimbals, including DJI Zenmuse on my multirotors, and recently bought the M10. It works great, and the only issue I'm having is with the smoothness of the tilt. I have tuned it both manually and with autotune, and the gimbal is perfectly balanced. The M10 corrects every axis perfectly, including the tilt. The issue is that when I use the DX7 to tilt the camera up or down, it doesn't move smoothly, but instead has some "stepping" along the way. I bound the M10 to my DX18 and it does the same thing, which means it's not a radio problem. There are no cables or anything else blocking the movement of the tilt. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Javier: I don't think we've found a solution on the forum for this, so I'd open up a support ticket by sending an email to support@freeflysystems.com and explaining the problem. If you find an answer, please post it on the forum so we know what's causing this mysterious "stepping."

Andy.

7. Javier Fernandez

OK. Thanks Andy. If I find a solution I'll definitely post it.

8. Javier Fernandez

Hi guys. I was able to solve the problem and it was 100% my fault. I just got the M10, and to test it initially I used a very light camera (Nikon D7100). Since the camera is so light, the tilt motor strength had to be very low, and that was causing the small stepping when tilting with the remote. I just tested it with a Nikon D800. Since it's heavier and I have a heavy lens on it, I was able to raise the tilt motor strength a lot. This solved the problem. It's now going on my Droidworx SkyJib for some "real" testing. Thanks.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh. Well. That makes it easy to fix. :)

I had tried with a BMPCC and didn't experience any problems.
    Thanks for posting your experiences, Javier.

Andy.

10. Javier Fernandez

Andy, maybe it was just too low and I could have raised it some more. I'll try it again with the D7100 and a BMPCC at a later time. I'm pretty sure it'll work fine with a higher setting.