/dist/images/branding/favicon

No WiFi or Bluetooth being broadcast

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Neil Cain, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

Has anyone experienced complete drop out from the WiFi & Bluetooth on the Alta? I've checked for interference; that's not an issue, have searched with various devices (iOS, Android & an iMac) no Alta, have tried power cycling etc but still nothing. Anyone got any fixes or troubleshooting tips for this?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to confirm, Neil: BT and WiFi were working and they've suddenly stopped? If that's the case (as I suspect it is), it sounds like you should open up a ticket with support@freeflysystems.com .

Andy

3. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

Thanks Andy, that is the case. Was all working fine as I paired receivers & installed FPV camera today (all recommended by Freefly & supplied cable) then powered the Alta down, I re-installed the jumper later in the day and powered up to find no WIFI or Bluetooth. Is very strange, I folded the booms in during the interim time but that's all. I've emailed Freefly for troubleshooting.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Check to see that the cable to the GPS/WiFI unit on the boom is intact. That the WiFi antenna from the the GPS/WiFi unit is still there and not severed. That said not sure where the BT unit is located but you should be able to see one of them.

5. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

All looks okay down there.....

Attached Files:

6. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

I've also checked the FPV display which doesn't show any satellites on screen. When I follow the WiFi reset procedure on page 65 of the manual, the LED's indicate that the Alta is reacting to the procedure, which implies that the GPS unit isn't completely fried I guess...

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Once support gets back to you please post the result.

8. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

I was hoping for a holiday resurrection of the GPS module, unfortunately the Alta needs to go to Freefly for service/repairs. After many setbacks I was looking forward to the 1st flight today. The support at Freefly was great, they didn't hesitate to fix the problem and have assured a speedy turnaround. I have left the SD card in the GPS unit in case any information can be gathered from that, will post if anything is found.