/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVi M5 Updated Firmware fail?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Ricardo Mor, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Ricardo Mor

Ricardo Mor Member

Hi out there,

i think ii have a problem.
    I did the update to 4.01 and forgot to save my tuning parameter data on lap top.
    But i wrote it down and my tuning parameter settings were before update: Pan: 130, Roll: 80, Tilt: 40
    But if i put these settings now with the new firmware the Movi-motors starts to make sounds like... grrrrrrrrrrrrr something is wrong. If i turn the Tuning parameters to zero, all right..

Ian using a sony a7s and zeiss compact prime lense.. any suggestion? Please help :(
    Which tuning parameter settings and remote config do you use for this set up?

sorry for my bad english

Kind regards from germany
    Ricardo

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ricardo why don't you try the auto tune function and then make adjustments from there?

3. Ricardo Mor

Ricardo Mor Member

now i have Pan: 100, roll 50 and tilt 25
    now i increase the parameter until it vibrate??

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. Make sure that you hold the gimbal the way you plan to use it to get the highest possible settings. If you are doing it one hand then do the final tune one handed, two hands same, if you are are going to fly from a multi rotor copter then attach and hold the copter in the air.

5. Ricardo Mor

Ricardo Mor Member

okay thank you, i understand. But why my old settings does not work with new firmware? Normally my old tune set up have to work.
    bevor the update i habe Pan. 130, roll 80 and tilt 40, now: 112, 48, 26...

if i put Pan to 130 it starts to oscillate. isn't it strange? can i downgrade my MoVi? i don't think so..

6. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

what i do is use the auto tune function then write down the numbers. then manually tune until it vibrates then split the difference between the auto tune and the manual tune.

7. Ricardo Mor

Ricardo Mor Member

What means "Split The difference between The auto tune and The Manual tune"?

I did it like you, but if i do any orientations it oscilliate. So i have to turn down The numbers., or not?

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ricardo: "Split the difference" is a colloquial term for "pick the number that lies between two other numbers."
    So if, for example, via autotune you got 20 and via manual tuning you got 26, then pick the number between the two: 23. (Those numbers are just to illustrate the math and do not relate to the real world).

Andy.