/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK FlightCtrl 2.5

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dan Walker, May 6, 2014.

1. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

A couple weeks ago I had my FlightCtl 2.5 on the bench for first time programming. I ran across a setting that changed the default motor start sequence, and stoopidly I chose a setting that seemed "fun" at the time. Now actually using the setting with a transmitter I find it cumbersome and awkward.

Unfortunately I can no longer find that setting in MK Tool. Does anyone know where that setting lives?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Maybe in the BL configs? Hold “Control” key when clicking “Settings”.

3. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

Thanks for the thought Steve - but no, that doesn't seem to be it.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

I think I did this once >"disabled" or "off" on Andy's easy setup screen Can't recall which does which...

Motor safety switch:
    When a Motor safety switch is used, you don't have to move the Nick/Roll Stick

Who should be totally unhappy with this change, but does not want to waste a channel with the safety switch, can enter "OFF" instead of "Disabled" ind the safety-switch option. Then it's like in the old versions.

6. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

No, not the motor safety switch.

So whatever this setting is called, what it did was change the motor start sequence. Instead of the default Throttle/Yaw to lower right, I now have to place Throttle/Yaw to lower right AND Nick/Roll to lower left. BOTH sticks have to be moved to these positions before the motors will start, currently. I would like to revert to the default configuration for this setting, but can not locate it in Mk Tool.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's actually controlled by the Motor Safety Switch, as I understand it.
    See http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/Firmware-2.00#Startup_and_landing and scroll to "Pitch/roll stick must be pushed into the bottom corner to start or stop the motors."

Just below the diagram it says:

Exception

• When a Motor safety switch is used, you don't have to move the Nick/Roll Stick
    • Who should be totally unhappy with this change, but does not want to waste a channel with the safety switch, can enter "OFF" instead of "Disabled" ind the safety-switch option. Then it's like in the old versions.
    Is that of any help?
    Andy.

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

And yes the default is that you now need to use both sticks unless you turn that feature off as Andy mentions below. Actually it is a rest safety improvement. There have been incidents where in a moment of rapid stick movements folks have inadvertently killed their motors with the old single stick movement.

9. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

Thank you everyone for your responses! Based on your responses I'll be leaving it in the default (2-stick) configuration.