/dist/images/branding/favicon

Majestic mode for MR applications

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Dave King, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I have the MOVI dialed in really good for a 2 person operation as far as the MOVI being in remote operator mode but when I switch the radio to Majestic mode when its on the copter both tilt and roll are both unstable but both motors are on and providing some resistance. Is there certain recommended settings for majestic mode for the MR applications? I just want to have the copter be in follow me mode as far as pan. The pan axis appears to be fine and is following the copter but the tilt and roll axis are wobbly.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave: Did you autotune the MōVI MR with the copter suspended?

Andy.

3. Dave King

Hi Andy

I started out with auto tune and then tweaked it from there. It's really good in airborne mode in dual operator mode. I talked to Steve last night and he mentioned that airborne-majestic is only to be used to get off the ground. I was thinking it was a true stabilized follow me mode with pan.

4. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Just keep the MoVI in handheld mode... works great!

5. Dave King

For those that have used Majestic mode (handheld mode) when flying I got a question I can't figure out. I can get the MOVI to follow the copters movements really good for mapping but I don't know how to align the front of the camera to boom 1. Any time I move the switch to majestic mode it whips the movi to a random position. I thought it might be related to the position when the movi is first powered on but that's not it. I must be overlooking something obvious?

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a guess but remember but did you align boom 1 with the front of the Toad? Alignment would be the same if you were using the handle bars. There is a 'front' to the pan motor.

7. Dave King

Ah.... NO I didn't know that. Thanks. After a little experimenting and marking the toad I was able to find the front :)

Now its perfect.

8. Dave King

Gary or anyone:

Is it possible to get rock solid follow me mode in majestic? Almost to the point that its physically attached to the front boom? I have it pretty good by setting the window to 0 and the smoothness to 0 but I was wondering if there is a way to almost lock it? I could do that with the alexmos controller just checking to see if I can do it with the movi. I am not using this mode to shoot any video just photo's for mapping and would like to keep the straightest orientation for the pictures when I am doing rows of pictures.