/dist/images/branding/favicon

Maiden Flight!!! Pretty ugly :-(

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Mark Melville, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Power on. Motors off. Move stick up and left.
    This also gives time for the GPS to get a fix. If you start the motors without a GPS fix, then the "Come Home" doesn't have a proper "Home" to come home to....if you see what I mean. Also, in my case, I found that the GPS never did get a fix and no GPX log files were created.

Thanks for the honorary title. The Great Oracle. I'll stand up straight when I say that. Although my wife is likely to take one look at me and quietly mutter the British epithet (which I taught her), "Tosser!", just to keep me humble. (And there's been an alarming increase in the number of things I don't know about the Cinestar....)

The trees are just waving gently. "Fly this way, leeetle boy....."

For video downlinks:
    FPV : Lawmate 1.2Ghz with Bluebeam antenna and generic Chinese-made receiver (also with Bluebeam antenna). I feed the video from the Receiver into an FPV Japan DVR to regenerate the sync so I don't have the monitor bluescreen on my. Small HD DP6 monitor.

Payload: Mondo Stinger 5.8Ghz with Bluebeam antenna to Passport receiver.

Andy.

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I"m actually thinking about getting it up in the air today maybe. I'm trying to convince my wife to grab the C8 above her head so I can double check the behavior first.

3. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Dave are you looking double check the the CS8 or you or wife's after you airlift her into the next county.:)

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Please brief her not to lower the C8 until you tell her all the props have stopped moving.
    Also, you'll not be able to communicate with her verbally when the motors are running -- the propwash kills all spoken communication, so you'll have to agree on hand signals (or terrified facial gestures from her to you!)

Andy.

5. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

And I thought ur wife would say "bolicks". Don't know if that's spelled correctly

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Bollocks. :)

I used a New Zealander friend for my test flying. They're a bloody brave lot. Best quotation from my Kiwi friend: "Everything's a hammer."

Andy.

7. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Did a movie in Fiji. Mostly ans Ausie and Kiwi crew. Kiwi's go wild boar hunting with 2 dogs and a buck knife. Hearty bunch. Not big a brains though. o_O

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'll let the Kiwi's respond to that... :)