/dist/images/branding/favicon

Holy Crap. Lost Cable. Shoot in Two Days

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by James Leonzio, Nov 20, 2013.

1. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

Hey Everyone,

I lost that little charging balance cable that connects the LiPo battery to the side of the charger. What is the best way to quickly purchase a new one? Is this a freefly specific cable? Or is there some chance I could find it locally? I live in NYC.

I have a shoot that I'm flying out for on Friday at 2PM, so a quick reply would be infinitely appreciated.

2. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

James, first of all I can assure you that you can calm down - it shouldn´t be a problem to get that kind of cable, especially not in a big city. I´m not sure if I have the same charger - there might be different ones. However, at best you go to a local shop where you can buy remote stuff (helicopters, cars, whatever) and take the LiPo and the charger with you. There you tell them that you need the connection between these two.
    If they don´t have it (which is highly unlikely), you can buy a charger from them, that has the right connection already built in - they should be rather cheap.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

James do you mean the connector from the battery JST (red) to the charger banana plugs? The charging balance connector is the white molex connector on the battery and it plugs in directly to the charger. Maybe help us understand which part you need.

Did you send a message to Freefly support to see if they can sell you one and ship overnight?

4. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

Gary, yes, it's the connector with the battery JST (red) to the charger banana plugs.

I haven't sent an email to support. Is it just support@freefly.com?

5. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

Wolfgang,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even realize this was a fairly standard hobby cable. I found a shop pretty nearby called Pilotage in NYC. They said they could make me one within the next hour or two for like $8. Awesome!

6. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

James yes that is the right address.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Errr....isn't it support@freeflysystems.com?

Freefly.com is a skydiving group.

Andy.

9. Hi James,

Currently we purchase the charger as a package and do not have the cable available separately, but are trying to acquire individual cables for future availability on our store.
    It is a 2 pin JST to 4mm Banana. Many R/C stores & hobby shops carry them.
    I have even seen them at a few R/C races tracks...
    Or places like amazon. Please see link here. http://www.amazon.com/-4-0mm-banana...84987901&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=JST+pin+banana

Chris

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member