/dist/images/branding/favicon

DX7s Broken. Alternates?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Oscar Ubilluz, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

I just got my MOVI last week and unfortunately one if the switches on the DX7s Remote is broken. The REMOTE-MAJESTIC-OFF Switch is completely loose and doesn't click into any position like it did when I first received it.

It looks like it is stuck in Majestic mode and I can't get it to go into REMOTE or OFF. I can Tilt up and down fine but I can't pan.

I have a rental coming up in a few days. What's the best way to get a new remote? Anyone have a broken remote experience?

Is there a list of Remotes that can be paired with the MOVI just in case I need an alternate quickly? For future reference as well.

Thanks!

2. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

One thing that you can try. I don't have my Movi at my house so I can't give it a shot to see if it will work.Go into your app and change your "map remote mode" under the REMOTE CONTROLLER CONFIG menu to channel 7. You might need to play with the values to adjust when it switches to each mode, but it should work.

If you want to keep an adjustable tilt rate you can assign it to the same channel as pan rate (channel 1). It's not ideal because someone may want them to be separate, but I personally find it to be ok since the existing dial is pretty hard to use on the fly anyway.

When I get time to pick mine up I will try this out and let you know if my thinking is correct.

3. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

And that will help me get around the switch that turns it from Majestic to Remote?

Just to be clear, the little Switch on the upper left that lets you go from REMOTE to MAJESTIC to OFF is broken. It's stuck in Majestic mode.

4. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

I'm not guaranteeing it since I cant try it out, but if you have yours in front of you try changing those channel configurations. If it doesnt work then just tell it to reset to defaults.

Refer to page 24 in the full MōVI manual to see the default configuration for the DX7s and to read exactly what each of the descriptions.

I'm just suggesting that dial because there are no other 3 position switches on the DX7s.

Nothing to lose, possibly remote mode and off to gain...

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Oscar any of the Spektrum units will work. Also the Futaba line with s.Bus. Spektrum has a full support organization outside of Chicago. If you call then they should be able to set you up for a repair. http://www.spektrumrc.com/About/ContactUs.aspx

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to amplify what Mike said:

On an Android device:
    1. Go into the Remote Controller Config.
    2. Change the Remote Mode to -7.
    3. Change the Remote Tilt Rate to 6.
    4. System -> Write to save the changes.

Now the Tilt Speed rotary control will allow you to change the Remote/Majestic/Off mode by rotating it.
    The Tilt Rate will be assigned to the broken switch, which should be in the mid-range.

If you can get a replacement switch, then transpose the values back. Note the -7 (the minus sign changes the direction of the control).

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Only caveat is that Oscar would give up independent control of tilt speed. Oscar you can see the switch value for the broken switch in the Monitor window on the DX7s.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Good point, Gary. He mentioned it was stuck in Majestic mode, so I inferred that the tilt rate will then be in the mid-range, corresponding to the middle setting of the Remote/Majestic/Off switch.

Andy.

9. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

Thanks a lot guys. This will tide me over till I can get The Transmitter fixed/replaced.

10. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

FYI, followed directions but I lost the ability to tilt up and down with remote. I did regain the ability to turn pan let and right though.

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oscar: Can you check your settings with respect to those on page 03-P20 of the MōVI documentation please?
    Remote Tilt should be set to -3 (meaning, RC channel 3, reversed direction).

Andy.

12. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

OK. Then you need to check to see which channel on the DX7s is being used for the right hand stick moving forwards and backwards.
    Power on the DX7s, and press the thumb roller down to get to the Function List.
    Scroll the thumbwheel to the right to get the selection to move down to the Servo Setup and press the thumb roller down to enter the Servo Setup screen.
    As you move the right hand stick forwards and backwards, do you see the rectangle for ELE moving left and right, please?

Thanks
    Andy.