/dist/images/branding/favicon

CS 360 + board??

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Alex Smart, May 31, 2013.

1. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Member

Hi there!
    Im building a 12 motor MK coax hexa and looking forward to hang a CS 360 gimbal on it.
    I dont have the cash for radians, will a mk board work fine?would you recomend any other??
    I would like to be able to carry Epic if needed, do I have to state this to the shop or will it do with the standart CS parts.?
    Thanks in advance,
    Alex

2. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Alex if you want to cover all of the possibilities buy the metal clamps as suggested by Janne. Also get the adjustable tilt bars and the sliding camera plate. Together they will give you a greater range of adjustability.

You won't be able to use the MK FC board for a controller if you want to pan the 3 axis gimbal. There is or was a video on the Quadrocopter site that shows how to use a second MK FC board for control. But since the gimbal can rotate you can't run wiring from the flight deck to the gimbal as it would get twisted up. This approach was being used with success prior to the Radian's being released.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Also, it might be wise to get longer side booms and the adjustable tilt bars for the gimbal, I think -- as well as the landing gear extensions. So yes, tell the shop what you're intending to do and they should know what action to take.

If you're using a three axis gimbal, you will need a second MK Flight Control board mounted on the gimbal to do the stabilization. About a year ago there was a so-caled "Walther" version of the firmware that allowed for ramping (the gentle easing in and out of the gimbal motion). Again, the shop should know about this.

Andy.

5. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Member

Yep, I undrstand the need for a second flight control. My question whas more directed in the results compared to others in this price range.
    Thanks for the tips on the adjustable parts and metal clamps!

6. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

All these videos where done using a second MK FC before we got our radians:

Josh

7. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Why not go for a Picloc X3 Pro v2

8. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Member

Love you stuf Josh!
    Mario: Im open to sujestions. Josh just showed us some amazing shots with an MK, have we got any similar with picloc?

Best

9. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Storm test with the Picloc pro V2