/dist/images/branding/favicon

Counterweights

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Lou Ruiz, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Simon Hughes

Simon Hughes Member

I found that getting creative with the weights you have can produce better results... for example, my current setup uses a large weight on the top arm, and a combo of small-large-small on the bottom arm. Then it's a matter of playing with the position of the two arms to hone the yaw into submission!

You might also consider a less weighty ND solution. I'm going for a couple of ultra-thin (and therefore light weight) NDs, one strong enough to control the shutter speed in really bright circumstances, and one less so for other shooting. I'll just swap them out as needed. The variable NDs, (unless you invest in a Singh-Ray), are really not optimal at high attenuations and you can often see a very intrusive "X" pattern in your images. (They are naturally heavier as they combine both a linear and a circular polarizer.)

I just upgraded yesterday from the iPhone 6 to the 8 Plus myself and I'm awaiting my new Moment case to begin the re-balancing!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Demetri, I don't offer this as a permanent solution, but there's always: https://smile.amazon.com/Great-Plan...encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert