/dist/images/branding/favicon

Battery consumption

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Gustavo Rios, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustavo unfortunately there is no real good way of knowing that you have a dead battery. One of the best indicators is what happens when it flies. If you only get into the air for 30 seconds or so before you get a low voltage alarm then that battery is shot/dead/fini. It doesn't look like the 606i has a data screen to show internal resistance like it's bigger brother the 720iDUO. On the 720i when I got the same short flight times that you are seeing the internal resistance had climbed on some batteries as high as 50 ohms, a long way from the single digits I am used to seeing.

2. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

3. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Only to conclude this thread, the batteries were the problem, I have new batteries and my flight times have returned to what they were, unfortunately I stay with three batteries dead QC 6200 with only 30 charges each.
    Thanks Andy, Gary and Jim

Gustavo.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

HI Gustavo:
    Can you tell us anything about the history of these three QC6200's? For example, have they ever been:
    1. Discharged below 13.0 volts?
    2. Kept fully charged for more than 24 hours?

I'm researching LiPo batteries and so interested to hear what might have caused these batteries to fail after only 30 charge cycles.

Thanks
    Andy.

5. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Andy,

The three batteries are a bit inflated as puffy (air), I don't the reason for such a state, they have not been in the sun, not Discharged below 13.0 volts or kept fully charged for more than 24 hours. The low battery alarm began to sound from one moment to another, the first thing I thought was that there was an excessive consumption (initial reason this thread) which was discarded with your instructions.
    I was loading these batteries to 3A, I have charger of 50w.
    Another thing is that sometimes the battery was at 15.4 volts more or less (not always) and I recharge again , may be another reason for the short battery life, but I am no expert on the topic so it's just a personal opinion.
    I don't know other thing that I can say you.

Gustavo.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, Gustavo.
    There doesn't sound like any obvious reasons for the batteries to fail, based on what you say.
    Thanks for the information though.

Andy.