/dist/images/branding/favicon

And the latest in anti-drone news from Deer Trail Colorado...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris Babiana, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

My money is on a Darwin Award winner coming out of this before an actual drone kill happens.
    These people are complete idiots.
    The level of weaponry required to shoot down something at even 300-400 feet, let alone where an actual surveillance UAV would fly is pretty serious. Even a copter hovering at 1,000 AGL is all but impossible to hit without a real sniper rifle or a guided missile, which (I hope) is illegal to own and use. But maybe Colorado is different that way. o_O

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Y'all come to Colorado for Down a Drone. Limited to Predator shoot downs with max of 12 gauge with min of 18 inch barrel. Only guvment droons are fair game. Not responsible for damage to participants, or their planters. For you Yankees a planter is a run out car.

Steve Maller likes this.
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

And assuming you use a rifle, what will the velocity of the bullet be when it whizzes past the copter and descends in a parabolic arc back to earth -- and how far away will the person be who gets killed by it?

Andy.

4. Cris Olariu

Cris Olariu Member

This only gives permission to people to start shooting at the sky...
    "I thought I saw a drone!" That's a great excuse. I'm about to buy me a rifle and move back to CO.