/dist/images/branding/favicon

A few questions before buying...

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Matt Mouraud, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Matt Mouraud

Matt Mouraud New Member

Hi ! My name is Matt, I'm located in Bogota, Colombia, and am just about to purchase a Freefly Alta.
    I currently own an S900/GH4 that flies pretty much everyday, but we keep getting more and more request for larger cameras.
    The limiting factor here is that Bogota is at 8860ft above sea level and that our density altitude is more like 10000'. I don't fly there everyday, the Caribbean coast is one of our main shooting spot for series.
    At this height, would an Alta lift a stripped Epic with a cine glass (we use the Leica cine glass) on an M10 ?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

To answer your question please download the ALTA User Manual from here: http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals
    and check out page 91 which has all of the performance data to answer your question, I think.

Thanks

Andy

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Matt, you need to check the manual for Alta's performance change in elevation and heat. Your elevation might be an issue as long as you don't use Dragon Carbon Fiber and put some filter on the glass. The lightest true cine lenses are Zeiss High Speed PL series (18mm doesn't cover the 6K sensor) or Arri Ultra Prime series. Leica Summicron-c lenses are at the same level with Ultra Prime.

4. Matt Mouraud

Matt Mouraud New Member

Hi Ozkan, Andy. I am downloading it right now, I was kind of hoping a little more "real world vs. manual" experience...

JASPER GLAVANICS likes this.
  5. Klaus Friedrich

Hi Matt, please bear in mind the M10 is not recommended TOP-MOUNTED with the ALTA. You can use the M10 for below but not if you want to mount it top.
    As I stated in one of the previous threats, you will reach the maximum ALTA payload performance with a full singing and dancing cine-shotting payload.