/dist/images/branding/favicon

Unable to Trigger Shutter on GH2

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Jonathan Keao, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Jonathan Keao

Jonathan Keao Member

My CS8 is setup for a a single-operator, and has a 2-axis, Radian controlled gimbal. Control for copter and gimbal are by a Graupner MX-20 and a single GR-24. I setup the gimbal and radian control as detailed in this diagram on Quadrocopter's site.

[​IMG]

Regarding the Shutter trigger, the diagram above shows all three servo wires connected to the shutter trigger. The trigger wire however, only has the neg. and pos. leads. It does not have the signal wire. Am i missing something here?

When that didn't work, I then tried triggering the camera off the Extension-PCB's output for the camera, but couldn't get it to fire (See image below). The LED on the shutter cable didn't light up at all, so I'm not sure how to get the C+ and C- output on the ExtensionPCB to output anything. I was, however, able to get output on the second switched output of the ExtensionPCB, and it had the LED on the shutter cable react to my transmitter's switched control. When plugged into my camera, though, the shutter didn't fire.

What am I doing wrong?

Aloha,
    Jon

[​IMG]

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Aloha Jon:

The SV2 ouput looks like it's intended to drive a Servo using PWM. The J7 input on the schematic looks like it is intended to be driven by a true/false digital signal so I suspect (but don't know) that something needs to be changed in the Output screen of MK_Tool.

See http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MK-Parameter/Output and scroll down to the heading "combine with WP-Event" and look at "Example 3-way switch).

I've not tried to do what you're doing so treat what I say with deep suspicion! :)

Andy.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jon can you be more specific on which camera shutter you are using? Also I have found that cameras are sensitive to what plug connections are connected and to what. On the Nikon using the Strattosnapper I needed to short two of the plugs together since the normal trigger sequence is auto focus with first travel and the after focus is achieved the rest of the button push triggers the shutter.

4. Jonathan Keao

Jonathan Keao Member

Thanks, guys.

I'll see if I can get it to work with the WP-Event. I actually looked at the Output page about a dozen times and figured the camera out trigger settings should be there somewhere, but can't find it.

I'm using the shutter cable made for the GH2 that's sold by Quadrocopter.