/dist/images/branding/favicon

Update stops

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Tree Von Gold, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tree Von Gold

Tree Von Gold New Member

Dear all,

I am trying to update my movi pro to the newest firmware and it stops during the update and says "oh no".
    Has anybody got the same issue and a possible fix?

Merci,

Marcel

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Yes, it happens to me regularly. Usually, if I start the update again, it will progress a little further. Sometimes I have to restart the update three or four times to get it to complete, but I've always been able to finish eventually. How many times has it stopped on you?

3. Tree Von Gold

Tree Von Gold New Member

Hi, it stopped on me 4 times now...

4. Graham Futerfas

I've found it updates the Movi in stages... TSU, GCU, etc. Is it getting a little further each time? I'd try several more times before contacting support. I've had to restart the update several times to finish it, but I think it has to do some stages before it can progress.

5. Graham Futerfas

Were you able to get it to finish updating?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

One thing that might interfere with the update is if you're trying to do it in a "radio noisy" environment -- the app is using Bluetooth BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) so, depending upon what else you've got going on in the room nearby it might be causing interference. BLE uses the 2.4 Ghz frequency band and therefore if you have an RC transmitter, MoVI Controller, or WiFi access point (or a laptop that's using WiFi) nearby, that might be the cause of the problems. (Oh, microwave ovens, cordless phones, baby monitors, and florescent lights also radiate in the 2.4 Ghz band).

I'm, of course, speculating -- but my colleagues tell me that I'm often wrong, but rarely uncertain. :rolleyes:
    But what do they know?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  7. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

What smartphones and os versions on them do you guys have? We have found that Android is usually not very reliable. Maybe did 200 rounds of firmware update testing on iOS in the last couple months and had 0 fails..

8. Graham Futerfas

I use an iPhone 7. I've definitely had the update fail multiple times, but it works if you keep re-trying. I don't remember how it went on the last Beta update.

Still having issues with the app freezing on me if I switch to another app and back. I have to 'hard quit' the Movi app by pushing Home button twice, swiping up on the Movi app, and restarting it and connecting.

9. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Do you know at which screen freeze happens?