/dist/images/branding/favicon

tunning MK and Radians, video of progress

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Jean Gabriel Taboada, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Hi guys,

Ive been tuning the gyro on my MK CS8 360 radian kopter, after an hour of playing with the settings this is the best i could do with what i considered strong wings (you can tell by the flags on the video). i didnt tune so much the radians, thats next, but wanted your opinion before keep on going.

zero post production

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Keep going. Looks like you could use higher gains on both tilt and roll.

Brad

3. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Pretty good for a reasonably windy flight.

Is there a documented process for tuning mk gains? I am running stock settings now and am getting great results from the go pro footage I have taken so fare with radians.

What do you recommend?

4. Jean Gabriel Taboada

the first and final step is to read read read, understand every parameter in the gyro setting and then compare your notes with the kopter behaivour everytime you make a small change to any of the parameters. if you dont understand a parameter, take the kopter up, then down, move the parameter one tiny bit, fly again and you will see and understand the difference, but read up first so you have a global understanding, its a steep learning curve and you may loose a prop or two, but once you get the hang of it its not that hard. here are some links that helped me a lot:

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MKTools-Setup
    http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MK-Parameter/Gyro

if your stock setting is flying just fine then you just need minor tuning, dont start from scratch as the documentation says.

5. Jean Gabriel Taboada

ok i did some further tuning but i still get some twitching, polit says CS8 is flying like a charm. should I focus on the gimbal stab or MK atthis point? i really dont know how much better the stabilization can get

forgot to put the camera on auto iso thats why its so bright

6. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

What camera were you using?

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jean two comments. Please share your gain settings. The hardest place not to have some twitching is in a hovering mode. Lots of disturbed air. Take a look at Jeff Scholls videos. We all admire how smooth they are but you very seldom see a hovering shot. Something to consider.

8. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Yes, camera and gains please. You should be able to get the tilt axis a little smoother but your very close

9. Jean Gabriel Taboada

in the toyota dealer shots, a regular gopro. on the woods shots sony nex6n 16-50 lens

gains are:

pan: 28
    roll: 107
    tilt:160

10. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

With a camera that light you should be able to increase tilt and roll a little more. I run in the 150s with a heavy Canon DSLR setup

11. Jean Gabriel Taboada

ok, im going to bump them up 10 points and see. im also going to decress the acc/gyro comp speed a bit to see if it gets a bit smoother