/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt speed problem DX8

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Pierre-Yves Bariquault, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Pierre-Yves Bariquault

Hi !

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french

Since I updated the MOVI M10 with the latest version (5.0 Akira), I can't adjust the tilt speed via the potentiometer (AUX 3)

I have tried to change in "Remote Controller Setup" > "Map Remote Tilt Rate" value. (The value was about -7)

Here's what happens:

Set to -8: maximum tilt speed (regardless of the potentiometer setting)
    Set to 8 : speed tilt minimum (regardless of the potentiometer setting)

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Salut, apyfilm. Bienvenue sur le forum.

Si ce n'est pas trop de problèmes, seriez-vous assez aimable pour changer votre nom d'utilisateur pour votre vrai prénom et nom, s'il vous plaît? Les raisons de cette (et comment le faire) sont expliquées 'ici: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Merci
    Andy

3. Pierre-Yves Bariquault

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Merci bien...

As to your question, and just to confirm: The number in question -7 is the radio control channel that you are using to control the tilt rate.

The M10 expects the tilt rate to be controlled by channel 7 (the "-" sign means reversed sense). If you look on page 22 of the DX8 manual, you can see that channel 7 is actually AX2 (AUX2 -- just count the channels from the top of one of the diagrams). So you need to assign the rotary control to AX2. That's described on page 15 under Switch Select. So set the Knob to AX2. (It's shown as AX3 in the diagram). You may need to reverse the sense of AX2 -- or change the M10 mapping to use just 7 not -7.

Hope this helps.

Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst

5. Pierre-Yves Bariquault

Hello !

Thank you very much
    I tried to do what you said but I'm not sure I understood everything.
    And my problem is always the same, the speed of the tilt remains unchanged.

Initially this is how the screen was my DX8:

[​IMG]

And that's what I'm doing to your explanations:

[​IMG]

Result, no change.

FreeFly on the software, the value I have is 8 or -8. At 8 speed is minimum and maximum speed is -8.

I can not have the value 7. I had before ...

When I look in the settings of servos and I move the knob, the AUX3 cursor moves correctly on the DX8.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Salut Pierre-Yves:

Cela est très étrange. Malheureusement, je n'ai pas de DX8 ici pour tester.

Je ne suis pas sûr que je comprends ce que vous voulez dire quand vous avez écrit "I cannot have the value 7. I had before."

Voulez-vous dire avez-vous essayé de placer le Pot au Aux 7 (Tout ce qui est de 7 canaux) et le réglage du Movi au canal 7 pour la vitesse d'inclinaison, mais cela n'a pas fonctionné?

Il pourrait être fait avec Akira il y a un bug Tout ce qui l'empêche d'utiliser le canal 8. Donc, je voudrais essayer de le faire fonctionner avec le canal 7 en premier.

Excusez-moi si vous avez déjà essayé le canal 7 sur la DX8 et MōVI - il pas évident si vous l'avez fait ou pas déjà.

Donc, pouvez-vous essayer assignant le Pot à Aux 2 et le réglage du logiciel Akira à canaliser 7 - ou laissez-moi savoir si vous avez déjà essayé cela, s'il vous plaît.

Par ailleurs, il y a environ 30 ans, avant que je déménage en Amérique du Nord, je vivais en France (à Ferney-Voltaire) pour trois ans, donc s'il vous plaît sentez-vous libre de répondre en français. Je peux toujours utiliser Google Translate si je ne me rappelle plus la langue française! :)

Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oops....forgot to post an English version:

Hi Pierre-Yves:

This is very strange. Unfortunately, I do not have a DX8 here to test.

I am not sure I understand what you mean when you wrote "I cannot have the value 7. I had before."

Do you mean that you tried setting the Pot to Aux 7 (which is channel 7) and setting the MoVI to channel 7 for tilt speed but it did not work?

It could be that with Akira there is a bug which is preventing it from using channel 8. So I would try to get it to work with channel 7 first.

I apologize if you have already tried channel 7 on the DX8 and the MoVI -- it not obvious whether you have done so or not already.

So can you try assigning the Pot to Aux 2 and setting the Akira software to channel 7 -- or let me know if you have already tried that, please.

By the way, about 30 years ago, before I moved to North America, I lived in France (in Ferney-Voltaire) for three years, so please feel free to reply in French. I can always use Google Translate if I can no longer remember the French Language! :)

Andy
    ----------
    The Ground Is The Limit™

8. Pierre-Yves Bariquault

Thanks for your help !

I explain you in french :

Ce que je veux dire c'est que avant j'ai bien dans le logiciel de Freefly la valeur 7 dans le "Map Remote Tilt Rate". Avant que j'essaye mes modifications pour résoudre mon problème.

Maintenant, je peux soit le régler sur 8 ou -8. Mais que ça soit avec une valeur ou une autre, ça ne fonctionne pas. Quand je bouge le potentiomètre sur la DX8 rien de se passe, la vitesse reste la même.

Vous pensez qu'en faisant un reset total ça fonctionnerait ?
    Merci par avance.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Merci pour l'explication, Pierre-Yves.

Le problème est que vous devez toujours changer deux choses pour correspondre: d'abord, le numéro de canal dans l'émetteur (qui, pour le "Pot" devrait être Aux2, canal 7) et, deuxièmement, le canal "mapping" dans le MoVI firmware qui raconte l'Movi canal sur lequel l'émetteur utilise pour changer le taux pan.

Comme je l'ai mentionné, je n'ai pas DX8, mais j'ai un DX7 et un DX9.

Donc, fourni à la fois l'émetteur et le firmware Movi ont le même canal pour le contrôle du taux de pan, cela devrait fonctionner. Mais il y a une possibilité qu'il y ait un bug dans le firmware Movi de telle sorte que le canal 8 ne fonctionnera pas. Voilà pourquoi je suggère que vous vous concentrez sur essayer d'obtenir Aux2 / Channel 7 à travailler.

Si vous avez à la fois l'émetteur "Pot" réglé sur Aux2 / Chanel 7 et l'ensemble Movi au canal 7 et il ne fonctionne toujours pas, alors je pense que vous devrez envoyer un courriel à support@freeflysystems.com ou contactez le revendeur auprès duquel vous avez acheté le Movi.

En guise d'explication, et au cas où vous poseriez la question, je suis un animateur bénévole sur le forum, pas un employé Freefly.

J'espère que cette aide - s'il vous plaît poster un autre message si vous obtenez le taux de pan fonctionne correctement - ou même si elle ne le fait pas.

Andy.

===
    In English for other forum members who do not read French:

Thanks for the explanation.

The problem is that you must always change two things to match: first, the channel number in the transmitter (which, for the "Pot" should be Aux2, channel 7) and second, the channel "mapping" in the MoVI firmware which tells the Movi which channel the transmitter is using for changing the pan rate.

As I mentioned, I do not have a DX8, but I do have a Dx7s and a DX9.

So, provided both the transmitter and the MoVI firmware have the same channel for pan rate control, it should work. But there is a possibility that there is a bug in the MoVI firmware such that channel 8 will not work. That is why I would suggest that you focus on trying to get Aux2/Channel 7 to work.

If you have both the transmitter "Pot" set to Aux2/Chanel 7 and the MoVI set to channel 7 and it still does not work, then I think you will have to send email to support@freeflysystems.com or contact the dealer from whom you purchased the MoVI.

Just by way of explanation, and in case you were wondering, I am a volunteer moderator on the forum, not a Freefly employee.

I hope this helps -- please post another message if you get the pan rate to work correctly -- or even if it does not.

Andy.
    ----------
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

10. Pierre-Yves Bariquault

Ok ça y est j'ai compris.

Donc il faut que je me remette comme sur ma première photo plus haut ?
    Et après ? C'est la que je ne comprends pas comment assigner sur la DX8 l'AUX2 au canal 7 ?

Merci beaucoup de ton aide ! :)

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oui - régler le canal de firmware Movi "mapping" pour le "pan rate" pour être Channel 7. Ensuite, régler le DX8 de sorte que le "Pot" est Aux2. Assurez-vous que seul le "Pot" est réglé sur AUX7. Vérifiez ensuite dans l'écran Servo moniteur que le Pot est de contrôler le canal 7 (et aucun autre commutateur de l'émetteur est de contrôler le canal 7).

Vous pouvez également vérifier ce qui se passe sur le Movi si vous pouvez utiliser l'application FF Configurator. via Bluetooth pour surveiller les commandes de l'émetteur.

Faites-moi savoir ce que vous trouvez.
    Andy

===
    Yes -- set the MoVI firmware channel "mapping" for the pan rate to be Channel 7. Then set the DX8 so that the "Pot" is Aux2. Make sure that only the "Pot" is set to Aux7. Then verify in the Servo Monitor screen that the Pot is controlling channel 7 (and no other switch on the transmitter is controlling channel 7).

You can also verify what is happening on the MoVI if you can use the FF Configurator app. via Bluetooth to monitor the commands from the transmitter.

Let me know what you find.
    Andy
    ----------
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Merde alors! Je peux voir que j'ai fait allusion au «taux pan» où j'ai écrit «taux d'inclinaison." Mes excuses - j'étais plus axé sur la raison pour laquelle il ne fonctionnait pas que toute autre chose!

Andy
    ---
    Oh crap! I can see that I have been referring to "pan rate" where I should have been writing "tilt rate." My apologies -- I was more focussed on why it was not working than anything else!

Andy
    ----------
    The Ground Is The Limit™

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Juste pour votre commodité, voici comment assigner le Pot à Aux2:

Si vous regardez à la page 22 du manuel de DX8, vous pouvez voir que le canal 7 est en fait AX2 (AUX2 - il suffit de compter les canaux du haut de l'un des schémas). Donc, vous devez attribuer la commande rotative (le «Pot») à AX2. C'est décrit à la page 15 sous commutateur Select. Donc, mettre le bouton à AX2. (Il est représenté comme AX3 dans le diagramme). Vous devrez peut-être inverser le sens de AX2 - ou modifier le mappage M10 à utiliser seulement 7 pas -7.

--
    Just for your convenience, here's how to assign the Pot to Aux2:

If you look on page 22 of the DX8 manual, you can see that channel 7 is actually AX2 (AUX2 -- just count the channels from the top of one of the diagrams). So you need to assign the rotary control (the "Pot") to AX2. That's described on page 15 under Switch Select. So set the Knob to AX2. (It's shown as AX3 in the diagram). You may need to reverse the sense of AX2 -- or change the M10 mapping to use just 7 not -7.

Andy
    ----------
    The Ground Is The Limit™