/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt adjusting, just goes to endpoints?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Gary McCready, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

Maybe I missed something but I just discovered this "problem" with the tilt. On the MK I could move the rotary switch 1/2 way and the camera would tilt 1/2 way. Now it tilts all the way unless I move it back to "zero". Is this the way it is supposed to be or do I need to change some parameter on Radian or Tx?
    The problem is how I can do this while flying, as there is no "indent" center on the rotary switch of the MX-20.
    How do you determine where zero is with the MX-20, I can't really stop and look at the little numbers as I turn the dial?
    This isn't really a problem with the video, as I run the feed to my TV or Pirate Eye, and can see the tilt stop. Only a problem with the way I do pictures on the t2i, just taking pictures every 2 seconds. It is hard to tell the angle of the camera at distance.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, the Radians are not like using the MK board with servos. The rotary dial needs to go back to Zero to stop the movement. Same with the Pan Radian/servo. There is a virtual detent on the rotary input. The MX-20 will beep when you are at the zero spot.

3. Gary McCready

Thanks again Gary! That is a bit of a disappointment, because even if I stop the travel, unless I can see it, I won't really know what the angle is. Not sure if I can do video out for my video feed and take pics with my Canon t2i. I'll have to look into it. I only have the two axis so I don't have to worry about the pan, at least.

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

If you don't have a VidOut or HDMI out you can always mount an FPV camera either on the t2i or on the tilt bar to get close enough for rough framing.

5. Gary McCready

Yea Gary, I might have to do the FPV cam. I don't think I can output vid and take pics at the same time... Nice name BTW! lol

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Take a look at the videos from Beauregard on Vimeo. Like this ONE. You can see how he has mounted his camera. I've seen that Jeff had a custom attach made for an FPV camera looking through the regular eyepiece. I've made a strap and attach mine to the top of the lens. Lots of ways to skin the cat as it were.

7. Gary McCready

Thank Gary, I was trying to avoid adding yet another gizmo to my bird..lol I've got it figured out! My video output on my Canon t2i works, if I turn on "live view", and turn off the Audio monitoring on Magic lantern.