/dist/images/branding/favicon

Synapse controller Q&A

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Gary Kaplan, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Gary Kaplan

Gary Kaplan New Member

Does anyone know where to get data/spec's/capabilities/features of the Synapse flight controller? Is it a alternate to the Wookong unit?

I am new to multi-rotors. I'd really like to get a 8-HL + 3-axis gimble. I currently fly standard RC heli's and planes (pylon, jets, etc.). Any help is appreciated.

Gary

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Gary,
    Welcome to the forum! Freefly is finalizing the details and should have more info out in the coming weeks. As you say, it will be an alternate to Wookong, Mikrokopter etc. but I wouldn't really call it alternate as its a generation above those controllers.

May I suggest changing the title of this thread to eliminate the Q&A part so that when the official Q&A is posted, there won't be confusion.

Thanks and again, welcome!

4. Gary Kaplan

Gary Kaplan New Member

Thanks for the info, Gary. Yeah, the available information is understandably sparse since its not released yet. Sounds like its going to be competitive. I am most interested in the method it will use to program autonomous flight (GPS waypoints, etc.), the GUI and the "robustness" of the stability control.
    Looks like this will just delay my purchase of the system anyway because the 8-HL isn't available yet either. Its hurry up and wait! Damn.

Cheers.