/dist/images/branding/favicon

Strange Start up behavior of Cinestar

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by David Tivadze, May 22, 2013.

1. David Tivadze

David Tivadze Member

Hi,
    May be I am not alone with this problem. So, I already assembled my Cinestar 8 and just make it ready for the first fly. What I am doing:
    1. The left stick up and left => 3 beeps from MK => means calibration is ok
    2. The left stick down and right => motors starts
    3. After that I start to move stick (slowly) up => motors start to rotate a little bit faster, but the further movement of the stick => no reaction from the motors, till the upper point.
    I switch off the motors and repeated the steps listed above.. and ..... everything goes well.
    Practically, on 7 start ups from 10 the situation is the same: only second start is successful.
    May be somebody can help? Thank You in advance and sorry for my English
    David

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

David

Sounds like you are trying to launch without a GPS lock of 6 satellites or more if you have the NAVI/GPS installed. After the initial power connection series of beeps wait a bit and you should get another single beep. You should also see the number of satellites displayed on the the MX20 screen. Default settings are in MKTool MISC tab (GX fix missing) setting and NAVI-Ctrl Min Sat (default is 6).

3. David Tivadze

David Tivadze Member

Thank You Gary,
    Yes, You are right. I am trying to make all this setup in my room (no chance to have EVEN 1 satellites here, closed space). Also MK tools says about ERROR 31 , something about compass, which needs calibration. NAVI/GPS boards are installed.
    So, do You think, that when I go outside to calibrate compas (will not have this error 31) and make satellite fix every start up of the copter will be successful?
    Thank You one more time

David

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

David yes that should do it. Usual steps are
    1. Do the ACC calibration indoors (throttle stick to upper right) with the copter carefully balanced with a bubble level.
    2. Take it outdoors away from any metal objects, big grassy field is good, and do the compass calibration.
    3. After you do the compass calibration, still with the props off, power up and go through the start sequence. Regular calibration, wait for the GPS to get 6 or more sats and then try to start the motors.

You should have success.

5. David Tivadze

David Tivadze Member

Thanks Gary,
    I will do it probably on Saturday or Sunday. Will inform about the results

David

6. David Tivadze

David Tivadze Member

Gary, thank You one more time. The problem disappeared as soon as I went outside and calibrate compass. Amazing Machine !!! However one crash and one broken prop already :(
    David