/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sonly HDR-JP790V versus CX760

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Dave King, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

So I"m ready to pull the trigger on a camera and low and behold I find out that the 760 has been discontinued with by the JP790. Apparently from the research I have done it looks like a similar camera, same processing, lens, and sensor too. It's a little lighter than the 760, 648 grams verus 775 grams and a built in projector. I wanted to throw this out there before I pulled the trigger. Anyone have any comments?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like the JP790 is the way to go. Let us all know what you think of it when you get it.

Andy.

3. Dave King

I think it is and it will use the same LANC cable. Some people on the net are saying its a better picture too. Not sure on that one though but I am interested in having the same quality at a slightly less weight.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'd be really surprised if it didn't use the same LANC cable.

Do you have a link to a page where someone has done a reasonable comparison between the CX 760 and the JP 790? I think others on the forum would like to see it.

Andy.

John Gore likes this.
  5. Dave King

I don't have any link for a reasonable comparison. I've just read a few reviews where a couple people commented that the picture was improved over last years models. I would think they would be the same if they use the same sensor, lens, and processors.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Understood. It will be interesting to see any reviews. They could use different firmware to produce a better image from the same sensor, lens, and processors.

Andy.