/dist/images/branding/favicon

Reversing direction of my pan control on my graupner mx12

Discussion in 'Camera Operating' started by David N Atkisson, Jan 7, 2013.

1. David N Atkisson

Hi folks,

I have my pan control on my right hand stick on my Graupner mx12 receiver. At this time if a pull the stick to the left my camera pans right and if I pull the stick to the right then it pans left. How do I switch the control so it does the intuitive thing. Pull stick left camera pans left ect. Any help would be great.

David

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

David:
    I think this needs to happen in the transmitter.
    I don't remember what Transmitter you're using. If it happens to be the MX-20 see page 90.

Andy.

3. David N Atkisson

I'm using the mx-20 transmitter to pilot the CS8 but for the radians and camera control I'm using the ms-12 and it's own transmitter

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Understood. For the MX-12 it looks like page [EDIT it's page 20! Sorry! Brain fart!] right hand column has the answer re: servo reversing.

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

5. David N Atkisson

Thanks Andy,

The Page on the Graupner mx-12 manual is Page 72 for servo settings. I was able to select the proper servo control from my receiver and select the direction arrow on the display and by using the arrow buttons on the receiver I was able to reverse the servo direction to make stick act like I needed it to work. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I assume that from this screen I could also alter the percentages of the servo to make my camera move slower or faster depending on how dynamic I would need them to respond while I am shooting. Is this correct thinking?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi David:
    That's weird...I just went to a different on-line version of the manual and the Servo Reversing is on page 19.
    Hmmm.

You really need to change the rates for the servo to alter the camera motion speed, I think.
    Was that what you meant or were you talking about travel adjust (which is how far full stick deflection moves the servo?)

You might also want to experiment with exponential -- that allows for larger stick movements around the center position but with smaller effect on the servo -- basically giving you more sensitivity/finer control around the center point.

Andy.