/dist/images/branding/favicon

Question for you guys that fly the FS700.

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Gustav Raberg, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

What setups do you fly the fs700? Lipos, flight controls etc.

We have a FS700 that we might start flying with but I need to upgrade the CS8 for it so I'd like to know about different setups.

I fly a CS 8 with APC stock props and stock 2814 motors running on MK gear. 360 gimbal with radian. Got different lipos but fly zippy 8000 most of the time.

The best thing would be to upgrade the stuff I got but I'm worried that the MK Blc's will run to hot with that camera.

G

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustav read the lengthy post int he CS8 section on Josh Lambeth's heavy build.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

If you keep a light lens on the -700 you shouldn't have a problem flying it. Jeff at QC has done it with stock MK gear. If you look into the weight of a 5D and lens, a -700 with light lens is a very similar load

4. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

My short experience with the fs700 so far is as follows:
    My current setup is in my signature but
    I have ordered the metal frame and shaft clamps for tilt.
    using 2 200mm booms to extend the camera mount out further from the back of the gimbal so the fs700 will fit.
    Currently have wheels on the legs but ordered the carbon extenders for more ground clearance.
    Ordered some xoar 14x5's for now but plan on getting 500 or 550mm booms for my cinestar in the near future and running 15 or 16'' props when flying the fs700 or epic.

The fs700 I have is heavy, im running canon lenses on it so metal lens adapter adds a good amount of weight and im using the canon 8-14 1:4 and the 17-40 1:4

5. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

Thanx for the info guys. I know i can lift it like it is today but I'd like to fly if if you know what I mean, i just wanted to know what improvements you guys made to the electronics, specially you guys flying MK. I will also get the longer booms for the gimbal and the metal clamps.

We will use the kit lens or a pancake.

What lipos are you flying? Parallel (for redundancy) or single? Flight times?

6. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Parallel 6s thunder power 6600's for now. My flight times with the Fs700 are about 9.5-10 minutes but i have only done a few flights and they where nothing crazy. Ill update this with my info after this weeks shoots.

7. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Gustav, what camera are you flying now? The 16mm pancake on the 700 is actually lighter than my 5d setup. You will have to modify the gimbal as you say, and I also increased the length of the down tube to get more clearance, adjustable tilt arms, and the carbon gear extensions. For shorter flights you can use a single pack to keep things lighter if you like or if you want to fly longer run dual. I usually run single unless conditions warrant.

If you want to modify for a heavier camera in the future look into Josh's thread in Gary's post above.

8. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

I'm flying a hacked gh2 and I'm very happy with the performance/weight ratio on this camera. The slow motion option is just not there or even close. 720/50p just doesn't cut it anymore. We just had a great job with red bull were we could have used the fs700 on the heli.

G

9. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

My main question is would I be able to fly the fs700 with two 4s 6200 or 8000 in parallel without burning my motors or blc's? It's some extra weight with a extra lipo and the fs700

Sorry for being a pain in the a.. With all my questions.

G

10. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

Just to add to last post. I know the two parallel lipos won't burn anything but I mean the added weight might!?

G

11. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustav no way to answer your question without a full description of your copter(CS8), motors(2814), props, weight with camera mounted, battery weights, altitudes, max temps you want to fly, etc. Have you tried using the calculator at www.ecalc.ch?

Several of us that still want to use the MK FC have switched to the heavy build as Josh has written about extensively. Lots of good ideas in that section and why he did the build.