/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problems with Hyperion Super Duo 3 Firmware 5.5 doing a sync store

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I have a total of four Progressive RC-500s driving four Hyperion Superduo 3 720's and I've noticed an interesting problem.

I can sync charge a pair of QC 6200 Lipos at 12.4 Amps for each battery.

But if I have discharged the battery to, say, 14.9, and I attempt to sync Store (that is, take the battery pairs UP to storage voltage, here's what happens:

1. The Hyperions start the charging process, the current rises to 12.49 Amps.
    2. It stays at that current for several seconds, then falls back to zero Amps.
    3. Then the screen on the Hyperion goes blank, and the unit resets.

This happens on three out of the four Hyperions. I don't think this is a coincidence. I've not tried the fourth Hyperion as it was i the middle of solo storing a pair of QC1200's.

Yet, I can sync CHARGE the battery pairs, or solo STORE the individual batteries (both of which pulls the same amount of current from the charger for each battery).

But, I can do a sync store with two QC6200's if the battery voltage is above storage voltage (so the charger has to discharge the batteries down to storage voltage).

Has anyone seen this problem trying to sync store QC6200's (or any other batteries for that matter)?

Thanks
    Andy

2. Pavlos Antoniou

This is like a bug..!
    Go for PL8 :) :)