/dist/images/branding/favicon

Powering Movi M5 and Redrock MicroRemote via single LiPo M5 battery?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Andrew Oh, May 12, 2014.

1. Andrew Oh

Andrew Oh New Member

I'm wondering if this is a possible solution and if so, I had a few questions about this setup.

1) Can I run power from the M5 LiPo battery to the Movi and the Redrock basestation with a splitter?
    2) If possible, anyone know approx how long you can power both the Movi and MicroRemote from a single M5 battery?
    3) I know the manual says check the remaining charge with a LiPo checker but would the built in Movi LED detect low battery if the Redrock MicroRemote is plugged in as well? Or should I just leave a LiPo checker with alarm plugged in all the time?

Thanks guys. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Andrew not suggested to split off of the M5 battery. You want full battery power available to run the MoVI system and motors.

3. Andrew Oh

Andrew Oh New Member

Okay thanks for the advice, Gary. Much appreciated!

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I’ve sent in a support request about this issue. I made a splitter for my M5’s LiPo to run the HDMI converter (through a 5V BEC) and Iftron downlink TX (3S and 4S compatible), and it seems to work fine. Obviously, battery life is impacted, but I put a LiPo monitor (the one with the obnoxious horns) on the battery to warn me if it gets too low. I’m finding that with my kit I’m getting two or three flights on a battery. I haven’t had the alarm go off yet. I swap batteries as soon as the voltage drops below 14.8V or so (3.7V/cell).