/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan Balance adjustment wear and tear concern

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Sam Leggett, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Sam Leggett

Sam Leggett Member

Hi all,

This is more for the Freefly guys... but it would be interesting to hear everyone else's thoughts too.

We have been lucky enough to get some handheld work for our Movi (And the production company were very impressed with it during a short demo!) but it has got me thinking...

We want to do as much aerial work as possible, but I think that handheld Movi work might also be very popular and even more common. This will mean constant re balancing of the pan axis due to the adding and removing of the landing gear (the front two legs have the poles and the rear one doesn't). This is fine but the Pan adjustment is done by undoing and tightening the four small allen bolts. These bolts must be done up really tightly to prevent movement of the down tube and I am worried that constant re-balancing will wear the aluminium threads quickly. If they fail on set the whole gimbal is u/s. I have looked on the Freefly shop and that downtube with its special aluminium top is not available as a spare on its own. Is it possible to order one by itself? Also is there any chance of getting a quick release adjustment for Pan?

Any thoughts?

Sam

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Sam Leggett

Sam Leggett Member

Have just done so, thanks Gary.