/dist/images/branding/favicon

Only Two Solid Lights on Movi5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Ariel Ferrer, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Ariel Ferrer

Ariel Ferrer Member

Hi Today I started setting and configuring my new M5 and after a while I realize that only 2 lights where Solid! In the forums I always read that It should be 3 Solid Lights!! With all the excitement when I first Power the M5 I didn't look if I had 3 Solid Lights!!:( But with the 2 Solid lights the M5 was working fine as expected!!! The footage was smooth!!! in the manual says something about the lights but it shows 3 possible scenarios but not specific!! What only 2 Solid lights means??

ariel

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The battery has a 2/3rd's charge. :)

Andy.

3. Ariel Ferrer

Ariel Ferrer Member

Thanks Andy!!! Rookie question!!! I just put a fresh battery and all 3 lights Solid :)

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

You're not the first person to ask this question, Ariel, so you're in good company! :)

Andy.

5. Ariel Ferrer

Ariel Ferrer Member

Andy another question to hijack my own thread! I know you are a Copter Guy! I have a Phantom with a bunch os 2.2 3S batteries can use those to Power the 5D MIII, SmallHD and Paralinx? Or It is better to use the Freefly M10 4S batteries? Also it is safe to charge the M5 batteries with Phantom Charger? It's look identical!! only the Phantom one is white!! or It best to use my Hobby King HK4B6? Thanks for the Help!!!

ariel

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Ariel:
    You can power anything you'd like as long as it will run on a voltage range of 12.6 volts to 10.8 -- you might want to connect up a LiPo voltage monitor to the balance lead of the LiPo so you don't overdischarge it. I would disconnect the battery when it hits 11 volts rather than trash the LiPo.

As far as charging is concerned, are you referring to the original Phantom? I've not seen the charger for the original (I have a Phantom 2 Vision), but if it looks identical to the one that comes with the MōVI, I would trying and check the specifications -- the issue is whether or not it will charge the MōVI batteries too fast (with too much current that is). Given that the chargers look identical, I would charge up a MōVI Lipo as an experiment, but don't leave the room, and every minute or so, make sure that the MōVI LiPo is not getting warm to the touch.....that's a precursor to a LiPo fire (Google lipo fire!) which is a Really Bad Thing.

Andy.