/dist/images/branding/favicon

No COM ports

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Miguel Mantecon, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Marcel: I just download the 3.2.1 firmware from https://freeflysystems.com/support/movi-controller-support and unzipped the downloaded file, then unzipped the firmware updater software (it's a zip file within a zip file).

When I plug in the MoVI Controller using an A-A USB cable from my MacBook Pro running Mac OS Sierra 10.12 6, nothing appears on the desktop. I tried a Mac Book Pro 2017 13" running High Sierra and again, nothing appears on the desktop

A question for you -- have you previously installed EasySuite on your Mac? If so, then the problem is that Easysuite is "hijacking" the USB system and displaying something being mounted on the desktop. You better uninstall EasySuite (I'm not sure how to do that offhand).

When I start up the MoVI firmware update, it finds the MoVI Control on /dev/cu.serial-A12QMVCT.

So do you have EasySuite installed by chance?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

2. Marcel Andre Morin

Marcel Andre Morin New Member

I didn't intentionally install EasySuite, I'm pretty certain it's connected to the cable I was working w/. I just ordered another cable that I should have tomorrow. I'll test that cable and report back.

thx for sticking w/ me!

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think your answer is in this posting, Marcel: https://discussions.apple.com/threa...ce=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

It's in the cable!
    Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Marcel Andre Morin

Marcel Andre Morin New Member

Tried the new cable and it worked instantly.
    Thx for your help!

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Glad it worked, Marcel -- I learned something in the process -- namely that a modern USB cable is a great place to "hide" malware, crapware, bloatware, or even, in the case of EasySuite, useful software!

Cheers
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™