/dist/images/branding/favicon

newbie questions

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Tristan Twisselman, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

How do i switch between pan 1 and pan 2, tilt 1 tilt 2, etc. I have my aux 2 set so that I can turn the stab off, have it auto compensate roll and tilt at 10 degrees or whatever it is with no slew, then auto roll, control tilt and control pan. How can I use pan 2, tilt 2, etc so that I can have a slower slew rate? is this possible and i missed it somewhere? Thanks

edit: also have noticed that when controlling pan it seems jittery/notchy when moving unless I give it full stick to have it move then it is smooth but way to fast.

2. Pavlos Antoniou

the belt is tight? also where do you try the Pan on Air??!!

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe that the Pan-2, Tilt-2, and Roll-2 are intended for different default positions of the sensors rather than different preset configurations for us to use. I may well be mistaken on this, though. JohnC will need to confirm this as I wasn't able to find reference to Pan-2 etc. in the Radian documentation.

I've noticed that too. What I've done is slow the Slew Rate way down and use lots of Expo on the Pan control on the transmitter. There may be more that can be done on the Transmitter too.

Andy

4. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Andy, you are correct regarding the pan/tilt/roll 2 issue. I thought that they were intended for a "second camera" configuration and discussed it with John. This is not documented, and the only clue is in a mouseover on the setting. A giveaway is the readings that show 90 degrees off when you set it up that way. Avoid attempting any usage of the X2 settings unless your Radian mounting is 90 degrees from default.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the confirmation, Mike. I knew I'd seen it somewhere but had forgotten about the mouse-over.

Andy.