/dist/images/branding/favicon

New antivibration system...

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Pavlos Antoniou, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Pavlos Antoniou

Guys what you think about this???

Its new antivibration system plus quick release system.. :) :)
    it seems great.. its by Kopterworx..!

Attached Files:

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Any time I see the term "quick release" in regards to something for a copter, I get a little nervous.

Matt Barker likes this.
  3. Pavlos Antoniou

The main reason i posted it is the antivibration system not the quick release.

4. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

Some guys in my multirotor club made a sky jib with that rig a few months ago. Looks interesting, but it also looks complicated and heavy compared to Tabb's rubber donuts.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Pavlos you can see more about this system at Allied Drones. I noticed that they no longer list the Live Wire anti-vibration system but here's a couple of photos.

Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 9.25.54 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 9.25.37 AM.png

6. Pavlos Antoniou

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Same company. Haven't seen any flight reports on either model. With lots of anecdotal postings indicating that the heavy loads are causing the current FF vibration system to move around to much, the wire system 'looks' like it would be worse. And the new addition using the rubber shock absorbers looks 'better'.

If someone is flying these let us know.

8. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

I use a similar system in teory but much simpler and not so looking good. It consits in dji antivibration rubers the same they use ,mounted with pressure from the top to bottom like interlaced C looking at each other on a a horizontal position... Does it make sense?

9. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Guys, I have played with wire rope isolators a lot in the past (back in my helicopter days especially) I found they worked OK for some frequencies of vibration but certainly were no where near as effective as silicon isolation system which completely kills all vibration from getting into the gimbal.

That said a multi rotor can be made to run smooth enough that you do not even need isolation.....I personally am unwilling to spend the time and effort it takes to keep my machine running at that level though. Running without an isolation system is also stressful since any small problem (chipped prop, bent motor shaft etc) can completely kill the footage and you will not be aware until you are back at the hotel reviewing the days footage.

Tabb