/dist/images/branding/favicon

Need help keepig camera straight down 90 degrees

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Dave King, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I've started doing mapping with the MOVI and a 5D and one thing I noticed on my initial test scans is that the camera is not staying straight down. To further troubleshoot I have my copter with the movi suspended to the ceiling and have the MOVI app connected to see what's going on. When I start out move the camera all the way down it moves to 93 degrees and then backs off 3 degrees to be 90 degrees which I set as the min tilt angle which is good. However when I start simulating the copter and its active braking the copter will start increasing the angle all depending upon how much bank the copter makes. So if it makes a harsh brake and banks serverly it will go all the way to -73 degrees (i know this because I am watching the tilt angle on the monitor of the app) and then it stays there unless I manually move it down with the job stick.

Here's my settings, if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I use handheld mode because I need the copter to follow boom 1.
    Under Majestic config the settings are as follows
    Tilt mode smooth lock
    Tilt smoothing 1
    Tilt window 90
    max tilt 50
    Min tilt -90

I was making the assumption that it should not change the tilt angle as long as the copter doesn't bank more than 90 degrees?

The copters tilt is perfectly balanced and tuned. I'm using a very light 24mm prime lens.

Gotta map a site this afternoon and could use input.

thanks

Dave

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I found the issue. Min tilt angle has to be at least -125 for it to not influence the tilt angle from moving upward if the copter's level or attitude changes greatly.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Great find, Dave. I'm sure that'll help others trying to do the same thing (like me!). Thank you!!!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah. Nice forensics, Dave.
    Andy.