/dist/images/branding/favicon

MX-20 mapping with 2 Receiver help

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi I have a 3 axis CS gimbal w 3 Radiants, this are control by a Spectrum DX8 and satellite for the camera Op,
    and I am using a MX-20 with a GR-24 for the pilot, no problems here

now I would like control the Radian with a 2nd receiver I have GR-12 I have Bind it to the MX-20 and started the mapping using bind 2, this may basic, but I get all confuse on the following steps to assign the channels to the MX-20 switches etc.. I would like to turn on the radiants and to control tilt so when I am a solo pilot/cam op,
    I understand that I don't want pan on this set up, Josh from Birsd Eye Prod has a cool video talking about it but no datails on the mapping

can someone guide me a little
    thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

HI JLO: You might want to open up a conversation with Josh directly. Find one of his posts and click on his name (where you see JLO in your posts), and select Start Conversation.

Andy.

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Hey JLO,
    I am hoping to have the editing done on the video for this tonight.. Maybe tomorrow... But I am working on it. Post your questions here though and I will help you out.

Josh

4. Jose Luis Ocejo

Thanks a lot Josh I really appreciate it and thanks Andy too

5. Jose Luis Ocejo

Hi Josh I have a question its is probably basic but is keeping me from continuing the set up on the gimbal, for the understanding of the "channel assignment" on the second receiver so far I have "bind 1" and "bind 2" done, and I have assign on "control adjust" the switches "SW 3" AND "CTRL7" to inputs 7 and 8 from here I am lost I am trying to understand page 70 and 71 from the manual but hit a wall thats where I am now
    Thanks

6. Josh Lambeth

Are you talking about the inputs on the Radian software? You need to make sure that your slew channel for both your Cam Op and your MX20 are the same. Example would be if you have your cam op's controller on (DX8) and he is controlling his tilt using channel 4 then you have to reassign your CTRL 7 Poti to be channel 4. To do this you can use the TX Channel Assignment menu. As you do this you need to make sure you go back and re-assign your controls in MK Tools to make sure you don't have anything overlapping (such as the Poti controlling your nick or roll).

Josh

7. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Josh.
    Thanks for that, I'm trying to do the same thing as JLO but with a futaba. You don't know by any chance if you can re-sign your fc control on the DJI wookong M assistant do you?
    THanks again.
    Katya

8. Josh Lambeth

I have no idea about Wookong... Never used it. Sorry. :/

Josh