/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Resting Plate: Lifesaver

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by John Woody, Jun 30, 2019.

1. John Woody

John Woody Member

As some of you know I have been shooting a documentary about music festival photographers. At our first festival the New Orleans French Quarter Fest... I had to move quickly between 12 different stages to gather shots of photographers, musicians and fans. It became obvious that just putting down the Movi with all my attachments was difficult. Laying it down flat is not good! So when I returned to Virginia I built a wide enough plexiglass plate with quick releases to attach the Movi so I could just put it down somewhere and be assured that it wouldn’t tip over, etc. Here are some pics. Also when I’m shooting I just clip on the plate to my belt. I have the same release in my lightweight BeFree tripod.

John M. Woody
    A Year in the Pit Documentary

F74F38BA-D9B2-4EA9-9DD8-4EAC184B7763.jpeg

152BC650-39BD-47C9-8BEC-219E26AA1498.jpeg

D7A0D0B4-C776-4471-B637-D5A5AFE7C1D8.jpeg

Dave Johns and Pavel Houda like this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Very nice idea, John. But no cup holder? ;)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

John Woody likes this.
  3. John Woody

John Woody Member

That’s a very cool idea Andy! Cup holder should be easy!
    John

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert
    [/QUOTE]