/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI M5 LiPo Sacks or Alternative

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Clarke Mayer, May 9, 2014.

1. Clarke Mayer

Clarke Mayer New Member

Hey all,

I've been having a great time with my new MoVI M5 this weekend. I'm going to be doing some traveling very soon (car and short ferry ride) and I have 4 batteries. I would like to put them in LiPo sacks so that I can make sure they are transported safely. I will probably also put them in a separate travel bag that stays with me just for the sake of not leaving them unattended in a car on a ferry. I don't really have time to wait for an order to come in, or else I would just order them off the Amazon link I find in the forums. My questions are:

1. Is there a place I can find something similar in the NY/Northern NJ area? Would they carry something just as durable and safe in Home Depot, or Loews, or potentially a local hardware store that is suitable for LiPo?

2. I see people placing them in the bags when they charge them as well. Do you just place the charging battery in the bag, seal it as best as possible, then let the leads stay outside with the charger?

Thanks for any and all help, I always like to be on the safe side, and I'm pretty new to LiPo.

Clarke
    www.clarkemayer.com

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Clarke:

A hobby shop is more likely to carry LiPo bags than a hardware store.
    And yes, put the LiPo's in the bags when you're charging them -- and don't walk away for extended periods. The bags will contain the flames to some degree but do a Google search for:

lipo bag fire​
    and watch the videos to understand the situation.

Andy.