/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M15 and Movi Controller Help

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Daniel Colmenares, May 18, 2016.

1. Daniel Colmenares

Daniel Colmenares New Member

Hey everyone,
    Just purchased a new M15 with a Movi controller and while I can get the controller to pair I can't get the joystick, or mimic mode to move the M15. I also don't seem to be able to have the M15 go into majestic mode with the controller off.

Firmware 2.0.5 on the controller, and 4.0.2 on the M15. Came this way out of the box.

The controller is successfully bound to the M15. I've done factory resets to both systems. The controller gets data from the Movi and when looking at the TX monitoring I see that the joystick registers movement properly. The pan and tilt speed knobs on the top left are over 50% - I've tried at 100% as well just to be safe and no joy.

If I power up the movi with no controller powered up and pick it up it keeps the camera horizon/pan locked so if I twist the handles left/right/tilt the camera will not pan or tilt (even if I switch tilt mode in majestic mode in the app or the controller)

Movi status shows everything properly on the controller. TX Status shows that its registering movement on the joysticks and that its zeroed out pretty well.

I switched the remote to the Movi controller both in the app and in the controller.

I checked the Tx mapping and user 1-3 are not mapped. Tilt and pan are mapped to the joystick.

I can auto tune the system using the controller, kill mode works, but majestic and dual operator mode don't seem to work.

I'm sure I'm missing something basic but I'm at my wits end trying to get it to work.

When I power up the M15 the back unit (not the receiver but the one that is attached to the on/off switch only 2 of the 3 LEDS light up and they light up solid green. I haven't been able to decipher what this means but I'm guessing it might be a clue as to whats not working?

2. Guillaume MARION

Have you checked in the app if you are in the right receiver type = MOVI controller?

3. Daniel Colmenares

Daniel Colmenares New Member

Yes. I emailed support and we sorted it out. I'm not sure what exactly was wrong as the settings right now are pretty identical to what I had when I posted but I suspect maybe not having a fully charged battery in the M15 on first power up might have had something to do with it?

I disconnected the GPS antenna (per support instructions) reset the M15 to default settings (not factory reset). Loaded the app and connected it to the Movi. Did an Autotune, then reset the controller and powered down the movi.

Re-connected the GPS antenna, powered up the M15 again, used the app to switch controller type to Movi controller (I had tried this before both in the app and on the controller) and re-bound the controller and finally all the modes work now. dual operator (mimic and normal), majestic, and kill mode all work great now.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting the work-around, Daniel. It may helps someone in the future with the same problem.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert