Mounting an iPhone 12 Pro Max

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by AllenBirnbach, Dec 30, 2020.

1. AllenBirnbach

AllenBirnbach New Member

I've seen a thread about issues with the 11 Pro, so I'm wondering if anyone has had success mounting an iPhone 12 Pro Max on the Cinema Robot with Moment case and lenses and add-on VND filters.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Allen:
    I've just upgraded to an iPhone Pro Max, but haven't yet tried it on the Movi....but let us know what you find.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. AllenBirnbach

AllenBirnbach New Member

Hi Andy,

The phone fits in the clamp. However it will not balance with the stock version of the MCR; it can level, but the camera falls. I can only assume that things will change once I attach my Moment lens and filters. I guess I'll have to buy weights from Movi unless someone has a better suggestion. I did see that the gimbal is now listed as Discontinued on the website, which is strange because I traded emails with support last week and they said that it was still in the product line. I've also asked for what the weight limit is but have not heard back, short of an email saying that they are running behind on responding.