/dist/images/branding/favicon

motor adjust

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by TSUYOSHI YASUMOTO, Oct 31, 2013.

1. TSUYOSHI YASUMOTO

In the sense of me, If I feel the movement of the swing side. I mean it is heavy, so what should I do ?
    Horizontal movement is strong feeling when I shake several times from side to side using the Radio controller.
    Camera movement is too strong and the body to end up being rejected together.
    It would shake the body in the direction in which shook the camera body is not stable.
    Camera balance is perfect, stiffness value is not strong.
    By the way, the camera is the GH2 with 18mm lens of zeiss.

2. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Are you holding the handles while adjusting the motors or is it on the stand? It needs a bit of resistance.

Also, bring all 3 values down to zero then slowly bring them up.

TSUYOSHI YASUMOTO likes this.
  3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tsuyoshi you can try changing the Expert values for the Gyro and Output Gyro values. Try taking the Gyro to 5 and the Output to 5. The goal should be to get the gains as high as you can. If you still can't get the tilt gain into the high teens to low 20 value then lower the gain another notch.

Also you may find that the GH2 is just to light for the M10. I saw a large difference in tilt gains on my Nikon D800 between a relatively light 50mm lens and switching to a 16-35 zoom. Folks using the Canon 5D with the 24-105 seem to be getting good values but a lighter lens has less gain.

As Justin says when you are doing the final tuning it is best to do it in the configuration you are going to shoot. If the operator carrying the MōVI is using two hands then tune that way. If just a one hand center handle carry tune it being carried that way. If you are in the stand then tune while holding one of the side handles. The holding increases the amount of gain you can apply since it dampens the overall resonance.

4. TSUYOSHI YASUMOTO

Thank you Justin, thank you Gary.
    I didn't holding handles when I adjusting the motors, so I try to do this.
    Also my GH2 had a PL mount adapter with the Zeiss first lens 18 mm. I think the camera is not too light for my MoVI M10.
    Anyway, thank you for your advises. I try again today, then I will write report again.

5. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Hi Yasumoto-San,
    Are you in Tokyo? I'm living in Tokyo. Maybe we can meet up and play M10 with 2 operator setting.
    My MoVI test movie is here

Please feel free to contact me.

6. TSUYOSHI YASUMOTO

Thank you Honma-san.
    Yes, Im living in Tokyo too and I work in the EIZO SERVICE. I think I need your advices because I really want to know about M10.