/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mobile Charging Station

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Tristan Twisselman, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

We usually will rent a generator or find a wall outlet depending on the job for when we fly to location. But if we drive to the job, I setup this mobile charging station in the back of my car. Leaves me all of my cargo space in the back with the hatch closed and open it up for charging. Thought i would share in case anyone else has thought about it.
    [​IMG]

Andy Johnson-Laird likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice.
    1. Do you hire someone to tidy your trunk for you? Or is all the crud pushed back behind the lift-up lid? :rolleyes:

2. What's been your experience with the Whistler 2500 Watt power inverter (the big black box on the right)?

3. From what do you power the inverter?

Thanks.

Andy.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

4. Chris Odom

Chris Odom Member

5. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Hey Andy,

1. Ha, no I did it all myself and always have liked to do a clean job on wiring projects. There is nothing behind the lift-up, everything is mounted below.

2. Haven't really had it long enough to tell you but so far so good.

3. I have 3 deep cycle batteries mounted below the plastic storage container the charger etc are sitting in all wire in parallel. I then have a smaller 200w inverter that is powering a charger that charges my deep cycles. The 200w inverter is run off of a cigarette lighter plug in the back. I was going to wire the batteries in series and go straight to my charger but this way i have the extra outlets in the car and can select my voltage output with my power supply.

4. Basically the same thing as a touareg, but it is an Audi Q7.