/dist/images/branding/favicon

MKTool scope - SPI Okay?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by mathewfarrell, Mar 15, 2016.

1. mathewfarrell

mathewfarrell Member

Hi all

I just plugged my CS8 into MKTools to troubleshoot some odd behaviour, and the scope is showing normal behaviour except for "I2C Okay" and "SPI Okay" climbing at a linear rate, seemingly forever.

I can't find out what these values are telling me. Can anyone shed any light?

FWIW, the odd behaviour was a single engine wouldn't start (though it flickers and bleeps when the bird is powered up, proving it is connected okay). After shrugging a lot and several ACC and Gyro recals, it fired up. Test flew fine for a few minutes (with poorly calibrated ACC, causing drift that I had to manually stay on top of). Eventually the bird decided to drop and drift horizontally at a decent rate, with no response to stick input. A tree caught it (gently). Getting it out of the tree was less gentle. I don't think it was a low battery auto land, as I'm pretty sure juice was still fine, and you should still get nick/roll control. No GPS controls turned on. The horizontal movement could have been due to the poor ACC calibration. Battery was flat several hours later by the time I managed to get climbing gear to recover it, but I'm going through the GPX files now to troubleshoot (all looks fine to my untrained GPX eye, though).

2. mathewfarrell

mathewfarrell Member

And I don't think the non-start engine caused the behaviour - from what I can see in the GPX files, after it decided to work, it continued to work. It is concerning, though, that I don't yet know why that engine wouldn't start.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If you see an increasing I2C count that is usually an indication of a failed I2C circuit. Failing/Failed flight controller or power distribution boards.

4. mathewfarrell

mathewfarrell Member

Thanks Gary.

MK Tools is reporting no errors for any of the modules. Would you expect it to? And would that be at all consistent with any of the behaviour I witnessed?