/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK Flight Control v2.5 HL Build

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Chris Fox, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Joe:
    Yeah...I tested CH on my MK Hexa XL flight test copter (very light, no payload). The CH brought the copter back towards me at 21 meters/second. 46 mph. It was scary.

Andy.

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

:eek:

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

If you look deeply into the code changes in the latest firmware, there is a setting for CH speed that’s labeled as “fledermaus aus der hölle”. Look it up. ;)

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Is the anyway to slow down the come home speed? Like Andy I tested it recently did it come home YES but at a great speed! scary stuff!

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

6. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

G'Day Gary,

I think your right on that one ...

two built and flying which I am going to now say are H/ML still some improvements to be made before we call them HL.

Thanks Everyone for sharing the collective wisdom.

Time to go flying .... or and then back to the drawing board for the next build ;)

7. Dave King

Yes these settings have a great effect on CH speed and attitude. I played with them a lot when 91Beta came out and we were first experiencing the PH problems. I posted the CH issue on the MK board and will post back if it gets answered.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Is the CH speed the only thing they control though? I suspect they're fundamental to the stability of the PH and I think I'd prefer rock solid PH and "bat-out-of-hell" CH, if those are the two choices.

Andy.

9. Dave King

Correct, they are all tied in pretty much from what I remember. Let me see if Holger replies.

10. Anders Eiebakke

Anders Eiebakke New Member

11. Dave King

Holger posted 2.01H yesterday and has not responded to any of the come home issue posts I made. There's no documentation or anything in the 2.0 post about what changes 2.01H has made.
    http://mikrocontroller.com/files/PublicBeta/

12. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

13. Dave King

14. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

I've been flying now with the FC 2.5, and in some conditions now I am getting what sounds like a cavitation sounds or motor speeding up erratically. It seems to be in slightly gusty conditions.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences? The new air pressure sensor already has foam around it, but I have not modified it otherwise.

If that is not the case then I am leading towards possible a dodgy esc, any ideas on how to check an esc is functioning correctly? (Free fly PDB and esc combo)

Cheers
    Chris

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Do you have a GPX file, Chris? Or could you record the audio? Not quite sure where to start with this one...

Andy.

16. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

G'Day Andy,

The video is just uploading to vimeo now ... the sound is quite disconcerting.

password: funnysounds

The GPX file, didn't show much at all, however when the vibration occurred, I had to lower the throttle a lot for the aircraft to come down, so I switched of AH and came down manually. Mental note next time I do that I need to tell the cam-op, as they thought gravity was taking over in an undesirable fashion.

Any ideas appreciated.

thanks

Chris

Attached Files:

17. Dave King

Chris what motors are you running that you are experiencing this? Are these new 3515 motors since you tested? Sounds like you have a related problem to your first reported problem with the motors starting to smoke.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Crikey! I see what you mean. I know this sounds really, really silly, but could you check that all the props are on tight....it almost sounds like one of them is slipping....

I've never heard a copter make that weird sound almost like a beat frequency..... You might want to consider posting this on mikrokopter.de and see if Holger or Ingo will comment on it (after you've checked the props of course).

Andy.

19. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

G'Day Andy,

Yep props all on tight.

With the MōVI on and one FF 6S Battery, and pocket camera, the AUW was only 7958g ... so not that heavy at all and flying at sea level, when the fluttering occurred this morning, it was also doing it yesterday.

So I went down and flew again this afternoon, but without the MōVI or camera and an extra battery which made an AUW of 5880g so pretty light, and it flew beautifully for 31minutes and I could not induce the flutter condition again. It seems like I get ordinary performance every time I bolt the MōVI onto the airframe ... maybe Murphy has me in his sights. The weather is pretty close to an ISO atmosphere, so nothing to strange there.

20. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

G'Day Dave,

Same motor series, all the faulty motors have been replaced, and these are new ones of the same MT-3515 400kV with 15x5.5 props.

I'm scratching my head on this one..

Thanks

Chris