/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK firmware v2.6 = 04/09/2014

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Gary McCready, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

Another update for PH!

"Higher accuracy on Position Hold
    The accuracy of PH is much higher now and the position is faster reached if the MK drifted away by the wind.
    All tested MKs achieved a much better GPS-performance.
    The difference is significant in areas with weak magnetic field and big magnetic declination - like in Brazil."

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/Firmware-2.06

So off to try it on my MK test Quad, where I just installed an external compass and had a new ACC soldered on the FC.

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Already tested it, it works noticeable better for me especially in wind. I have about 12 fights with the new firmware, new nav and external compass.

Michael McVay and Gary McCready like this.
  3. Gary McCready

FYI: I did notice, for what ever reason, the new External Compass was easier to calibrate in 2.06. Worked first try.
    I installed two of these, one on a Quad and one on a CS6, and had a problem calibrating both. I did the calibrations 4-5 times on each, till it took. During the second calibration step, it wouldn't do the "clicking", but it eventually worked. The only way I could tell though was with MKTools. I was on 2.02, never did 2.04. 2.02 is supposed to support the External Compass, but it was quirky.

Found this: V 2.04
    Bugfix: Compass-Calibration: At the second compass calibration, the Calibration started in step 2 and not in step 1

Ozkan Erden likes this.
  4. Gary McCready

Now we have 2.06b for the Navi, updated 4/29/2014
    Bugfixes

NC 2.06b: Logfile stopped for about 5 sec after an error occured

And in my on going saga, I got my compass to calibrate, but still having trouble. Did all kinds of things, middle of the front yard, 20 ft from any metal...etc. Figured out my "experiment" Quad external compass was working fine, shows up on screen 23 of the Navi. So thinking it was my soldering job, I switched Navi controllers, still didn't work on my Cinestar 6. Next switched External compasses, still was having trouble with the CS. It just wouldn't calibrate and if it did the external compass didn't show up.
    Then I switch compass wires = Bingo
    Looks like one of the wires had pulled out slightly from its channel. Pushed it back in, now both external compasses work.
    I'm going though MK frustration after spending 2 hrs a few days ago trying to setup my MX-20. Turns out you can't go to the set SUM12 screen IF your telemetry is plugged in and you went past it the first time....WTH is that about. I think I went past it more than once...

Dave King likes this.
  5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Glad you got it sorted out, mate. Bleh.

Gary McCready likes this.
  6. Gary McCready