/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 pan drift and pitch chatter.

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Cody Hanthorn, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Hello,

I got my M5 last night and had watched the setup on the tutorials. The pitch I lowered and kept lowering on the stiffness down to 6! The others are like 45 and 89. I have the CG on what seems correct, but not sure how it could be so low. I know its a alpha 6000 and I have the top and bottom on the camera. CG seems good except for pan I moved the adjustement all of the way and the camera is still not heavy enough...lol.

Lastly I had read somewhere of a pan drift is a compass and something else that needs calibrated. Does this seem correct.

sorry lots of reading in the last week. Digesting it all.

thanks

-Cody

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you set the Autotune percentage to 50% (if it's not already set), then Autotune, then do a System Write to save the settings on the MōVI, Cody? You should be holding the MōVI as you intend to use it when you do the Autotune as changing how you hold it alters the resonances of the MōVI.

Just as an experiment, if think the camera is too light, then tape some weight (spare LiPo) to the underside of the camera plate (you will have re-balance, of course) and see if that helps.

Andy.

3. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

I did set the Auto tune % to 50 %. I went into the advanced and raised the Gyro a hair and then went back to stiffness and was able to raise the gains more. I think you are right though its just a light camera. I will be adding the camera control, Rx's and some wiring to power the RX. so maybe that will help some. bound the Transmitter last night. Looked really good running.

4. Terry Sinclair

Terry Sinclair New Member

5. Terry Sinclair

Terry Sinclair New Member

I had been shooting with a Nikon D810 and 24-70mm with variable ND. Heavy setup. I have since switched to a GH4 with battery pack, but still much lighter. I had to lower my tilt roll to 12. I shoot boats from a chase boat and was concerned about the wind.
    I bought a bunch of 3/8 nuts and bolts alone with fender washers. I can place them on all 4 sides [equal weight distribution] for a rough balance. I then re-balance the entire setup. It adds about 6 to 8 oz. Finger tighten and no damage to the unit. With the additional weight I can keep the values higher. Works great.