/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mōvi M10 BTS of the 'Ford GT-F, For the Fans' film

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by DanDeSilva, Jun 14, 2014.

1. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

I thought I'd share a short BTS of my M10 rig being used at a private track.. Very experimental, with little testing, but a good result. Would love to get more feedback on how to further improve this setup. Enjoy!

Production: Newborn Productions
    http://newbornproductions.tv/

I got to rig up the Movi M10 on a really cool gig a few weeks back with Newborn Productions in Melbourne, Australia, filming a soon to be revealed Ford GT-F 351, on a private track. The production crew have a Mercedes Vito Van at their disposal and managed to rig up a mini jib in the center of the van, and hung out the arm via the sliding door - enough reach to clear the van out of shot.

The Ninja star and toad in the hole quick release shipped just in time the day before the shoot, and we tried to work out a way to mount the Movi onto the jib securely. With a 1 inch thick rubber plate between the ninja star and the jib, it was a snug and safe fit.

We weren't entirely sure how smooth our shots would be as we didn't have too much time to test it out. But we were confident it would produce better shots than the jib on its lonesome. After about 2mins on the track, we all had big grins on our faces!

Check out the final video here to see the results (car tracking shots in the last third of the film). Absolutely ZERO Post stabilization!

If you have any input onto how we can improve this setup, please comment! Or if you have questions about the setup please let us know.

2. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I actually got so caught up in the superb production that I forgot I was supposed to be examining the results of your rig in those tracking shots! Great job!

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Spectacular!

4. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing your setup too, it's awesome to see such amazing footage from such a simple setup.