/dist/images/branding/favicon

MÔVI details

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Joe Azzarelli, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes the slider is on both.

2. Leopoldo Tamargo

I meant is the sliding camera rail also on the MR?

3. Leopoldo Tamargo

That's great. I just don't know what Ross was speaking about then when he said that the MR lacks some of the adjustment capability of the M10.

4. Leopoldo Tamargo

Can the Cinestar 6 work with the MR and carry perhaps a GH2?

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

A qualified yes. The weight of the MōVI is just over 3 lbs. which is very close to the same weight as the 3 axis system. It would be heavier than a 2 axis.

6. Leopoldo Tamargo

Thank you for your answers thus far. This is all very helpful. Another question though.
    If you convert the MR to handheld mode, does it have all the capabilities and features of the M10 such as Majestic and such?
    I also understand I might also need a radio for the MR as it does not include one?
    I currently fly with only 1 radio for my Cinestar 6 with a two axis gimbal.

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Leo at the core of both are the same. The difference is the top end, handles M10 or ldg gear MR. I'll take at what I think the logic was. The delta between a radio for the M10 (doubtful any film makers have a radio) vs the equivalent costs for the landing gear bits and pieces are about equal, if this make sense.

8. Leopoldo Tamargo

It just might, thank you. Does anyone know if the handles would be the same for the M10 and the MR? Are we certain and positive as to the capabilities of both being the same? I guess the question is can one convert back and forth between them without giving up any functionality or quality? I understand I would be giving up time in converting it, if it is required for the job. If it performs as I hope it will I will use the one I ordered to get the next one.

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

As we get more answers to questions we will get them posted.

10. Leopoldo Tamargo

Thank you. Its just that I read things on the site that state something in regards to the MR, along the lines of "Some sort of Handles are included". That makes me wonder if they are handles as good as the ones for the M10. As I said before, I already have ordered an MR and want to make sure I'm getting the one that best serves my plans. If I should be getting the M10 instead, then I'm not even on that list yet. I am trying to confirm I am getting the correct one first.

11. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

It has become pretty silent around the movi - any news?

12. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Wolfgang there have been multiple postings by Freefly over on Facebook. I've put some of them up on forum. Lots of demos being done by the Freefly team to the film/television industry. THere was also the recent posting from Henning and Nick with the MR.

13. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Thanks Gary, I was thinking more about delivery, etc.. Not a lot of info there. I placed my deposit more than a month ago, but didn´t get anything but a very short order confirmation. It would be great to get some kind of update.